The Boy Who Lived

Ginny looked at me, a proud smirk plastered across her face. "Hey Ace!" she waved with her empty hand.

"Ginny! Your mother would kill you if she knew you were out here!" She shrugged, turning her gaze back to the woman.

"She'd kill me for a lot less" she laughed, and with a flick of her wand, the woman began to slowly inflate like a balloon. Her sausage-like fingers grew in size, and unable to keep grasp on her wand, it skittered to the floor. Ginny directed the woman towards an open window and slowly, painfully, she squeezed her way outside. I quickly recovered the abandoned wand, snapping it over my knee twice.

"Ginny, seriously." She rolled her eyes, which then fixated on the cut on my arm. "I'm fine, I swear." I said, noticing her gaze.

"Well I am too. You should have seen what happened at the bridge though, you and George would have-" she stood up on her tip toes, peering around me. "Where is George?"

I bit my lip, forcing myself not to cry. "There was an explosion, and we got separated. I have no clue where he is." She furrowed her eyebrows with concern. "We're supposed to meet back in the Great Hall if this happened."

She returned her gaze back to my arm. "Alright" she nodded. "I suppose that's where most of the fighting is happening, anyways. Before we go back there, though, let's get that cut sorted out, ya?"

She grabbed me by the wrist, as bold as she's ever been, and dragged me into the closest lavatory. "We can't have you scarring up too badly before your wedding. Merlin knows that Bill and Fleur had that department covered." She attempted to lighten the mood, and cast her wand in the direction of the closet candles. She tore off the hem of her cloak and wetted it under the sink. "You know, Fleur is nice and everything, for a Beauxbatons girl. But I'm waaay more excited for you to officially be my sister." She wiped the blood from my arm, revealing a razor-thin gash that continued to fill up with blood. "Seriously, you must be a Saint, the way that you manage to put up with Fred and George's nonsense all the time."

I shrugged, wincing at the sting of the material against my skin. "You get used to it" I gritted through my teeth.

Ginny laughed, hard. "I've been living with them for sixteen years and I certainly haven't gotten used to it" she wiped away more blood. "This isn't going to clot up anytime soon. Listen, we learned a thing or two this year, hiding away from the likes of the Carrows and all. I've only used it once or twice. Do you trust me?"

I thought back to the scars that covered my torso. I wasn't really dying to add to my collection. "Okay" I nodded, and she put the tip of her wand to my skin,

"Vulnera Sanentur" she chanted, her voice like a song as she drew her wand across my cut. I watched in awe as the skin of my arm began to knit itself back together again. "Sweet, it worked" she beamed, admiring her handiwork.

I'd seen the spell once or twice while studying my NEWTs textbooks, but I never had a reason to see it in action. Besides, these sorts of spells were only covered more extensively in Healers school. "Nice job!" I smiled at her, wiping off the last remnants of blood from my arm.

"Now that that's taken care of, shall we venture down to the Great Hall?" she suggested so casually, you'd think we were heading down for a typical Hogwarts dinner, instead of running headlong into a magical civil war.

I opened my mouth to speak, only for a booming voice to cut through the air.

"You have one hour. Dispose of your dead with dignity. Treat your injured."

"Was that V-?" Ginny looked at me questioningly. Before I could respond, I was interrupted by the now-familiar feeling of an explosion under my feet. Behind us, a window shattered, and a boulder was hurled into the rows of sinks and mirrors.