The Aftermath

Someone was leaning very close to me, breathing in my ear and down my neck. I couldn't open up my eyes though; fear had paralyzed me from head to toe. Who was there, why were they here, what was I going to do about it? I took a deep breath and sprung them open, looking at two smirking boys. Not my favourite ginger ones but the two boys who had put me here in the first place.

"Looks like was gave her a scar" Lease cackled whipped his wand out of his pocket. "Don't say a word." I nodded meekly and shrunk back into my pillow.

"I think she looks sexier with it" Turner smirked and ran a finger down my forehead. "We just thought we would come and give you our proper good-byes seeing as you got us expelled and all...."

"We wanted to give you a parting gift actually" Lease ripped the covers off of me and tears sprung from my eyes. The chill from the room was enough to make me shiver, the fear made me look like I was having an epileptic moment. I opened up my mouth and screamed as loud as I could but they quickly covered my mouth.

"There's no one that can hear you" Turner said.

I sat up in bed, screaming. My sweat had soaked through the covers, tangling my hair and dripping into my eyes. My pillow had fallen to the ground, and my sheets were wrapped around my feet, rendering it impossible to stand.

A sound came from the foot of my bed and I looked up and was staring at the familiar outline of a tall, lanky, ginger boy. "I've missed you" he whispered and I looked down at my hands, confused. He missed me? He had come and visited me every day for hours, trying to get me to cheer up.

"Fred, you are talking nonsense. You were here until I fell asleep" the boy shrugged and walked closer to me, sitting on the bed. He looked at me with those big beautiful eyes and put his hands on either side of me, leaning in. "Fred, go back to bed."

Without another second to spare he closer our space and kissed me deeply. "Fred, get off me! You have a girlfriend!" he back up and walked back to the end of the bed.

"Good night" he said and walked out of the Hospital Wing, lazily and unstable, as if he was drunk, but it wasn't that sloppy. It reminded me of how Ron walked when he slept walked ... I couldn't take any of this anymore. With a groan of frustration I fell back onto the bed and closed my eyes, begging for sleep to come once again.

________________________________________________________________________________

I was finally released from the hospital wing after spending five days in there, and it felt amazing to be free. My legs wobbled at the sudden use of them as I walked back to the common room, extremely tired for someone who had just spent the better part of a week sleeping. I passed Professor McGonagall in the corridor and she gave me a sad smile.

"Ms. Connors, I would like to be the one to tell you that Dumbledore has reviewed your memory and has delivered punishment accordingly. The boys were expelled last night."

"Thank you Professor" I said and bit my lip, pondering the repercussions that this might have with the other Slytherins.

And still, no one seemed to be able to answer any of my questions from that night. Who was scary enough to scare off two seventh Slytherins, come to my aid, then carry me up several flights of stairs, and drop me off in the hospital wing without being seen?

McGonagall walked away from me slowly, watching my reaction with a cautious eye. No, I was going to stay strong, not break down. I continued up the stairs and up to the Gryffindor Common room, only to find the portrait hole opened wide open.