Blackouts and Bad Omens

It was the last meeting before Christmas break and even though we weren't doing anything we hadn't done before, George was still staring at me from across the room with a panicked look on his face.

"Here Kelly, let me pair with Ace" he smiled falsely and stepped between us. I rolled my eyes and sent a jinx around him, catching Kelly by the shoulder and sending her into a statue-like state.

"George, we're just freezing each other" I walked up to him and kissing him before pulling away and tapping his cheek lightly. "It's nothing we haven't done before."

"Yeah but-ˮ he started, just as Kelly began to move again.

"George, love, if you don't want to get frozen, I suggest you get out of the way" I said and Kelly pointed her wand upwards. He sighed and moved out of the way, watching anxiously as the beam of light shot from the end of her wand and struck me in the stomach. "See, I'm fine" I said once I was unfrozen.

George backed away, looking extremely reluctant, and went back to freezing his twin.

"Neville!" Laura hissed in the boy's direction. "Neville!" He ducked his head and refused to look at Laura, becoming extremely concentrated on jinxing Harry.

"I don't know why he's being so cold" she pouted, walking back to Kelly and I with a distressed look on his face. "He's been like this since I mentioned St. Mungo's. I said I was sorry if I offended him, but I don't know what I did wrong in the first place!"

Before I could say anything else, Harry walked up to the front of the room and cleared his throat. "Everyone!" and with that, every set of eyes were on him. "We're going to be practising stunning spells now, so let's lay out so pillows so nobody gets hurt, yeah?"

"Acelynne" George said from behind me, grabbing my arm so I couldn't walk away from him. "Now will you be my partner?"

"Who will be Kelly's partner?" I asked smartly, batting my eyelashes at him in an innocent manner.

"Lee."

"And Fred's?"

"Angelina."

"Laura?"

"Neville" he retorted, looking over his shoulder at him. Neville glanced over at Laura, and then ripped his eyes away in haste. "Or she could just go join Kelly and Lee."

"Well," I looked around the room at the newly formed groups before looping my arms around his waist. "Seeing as you have all of this figured out, I guess I could partner up with you. But, you have to promise me one thing."

"And what would that be?" George looked down at me cautiously and pulled away from my grasp.

"You actually have to try" I said and his face dropped slightly. "No, I mean it. Jinx me just as fast as you would jinx a Slytherin."

"Fine" he grumbled and took his position on the other side of the room. Several other groups joined us, whereas the other half of the group leaned against the walls and watched us.

"You go first" I called, and George looked down to his wand. He raised it to eye level, fiddling the stick between his fingers, and pointed it at me. "Come on!"

George gripped the wand tightly and took a deep breath. "STUPIFY!" he yelled and a beam of light radiated from his wand. I took a breath and braced myself for the impact and....

The light whizzed from the end of his wand, going to the far left and hitting the wall.

"Are you kidding me?" I yelled and placed my hands on my hips. "You're not even trying!"