The Battle of Hogwarts

Once again, the twins knowledge of the Hogwarts secret passageways came in handy as we crept through the dark and back into the castle. Myself and the twins snuck through the dark in silence, anticipation filling the air instead, and George's hand grasped firmly in mine. Our parents and Ginny had stayed behind to notify the rest of the Order, but we insisted that we go in right away. The stakes had never been higher as we found ourselves back at the entrance of the place which had formerly been our safe-haven to practice magic and learn to defend ourselves... The Room of Requirement.

The room was abuzz with the sort of tension you could feel without words. McGonagall stood amongst the students and other professors, barking orders and breaking students up into groups. All of the under-aged students were being escorted out of the secret passageways by Filch and Madame Pomfrey. The remaining members of the DA were huddled in a far corner, whispering animatedly.

"Ace!" the familiar voice of Laura rang out. Her body slammed against mine with the force of someone significantly heavier than herself.

"I can't believe you're here! Is Kelly with you?" she yelled excitedly.

I hugged her back, squeezing her tight enough that she could have burst. "No. She stayed back with Siren, of course." She pulled back and smiled, both of her hands clutching mine.

"Thank goodness. Ace, you have no idea how absolutely horrid this year has been! Snape was the new Headmaster and they brought in Death-" she stopped mid-sentence, her fingers tightly squeezing mine as she looked down at my hands. "Oh. My. God."

"Shhhh" I hissed, pulling my hands away from her.

"Shhhh? Acelynne Connors are you kidding me?! SHHH?" she began to bounce on her toes, grabbing my hand again and taking a closer inspection at the ring. "What the bloody hell is this?"

"I had limited options, okay?!" George interjected, suddenly coming up behind me and wrapping his arm around my waist. "Hey Laura."

"GEORGE!" Laura threw her arms around his neck, causing him to stumble backwards. "This is the best bloody news I've heard all year. Do you guys SEE THIS?" Laura grabbed me by the left wrist, pulling me towards the group. Her excitement was hardly matched, and honestly I didn't blame them at all.

We were in a bit of a life-or-death situation here, it was not the time to talk about engagements.

Although I couldn't help but notice that George stepped in a little closer to me when Seamus acknowledged the item on my hand. Even in times of grave peril, boys were still utterly jealous dolts.

"Hermione! Ron!" Laura shouted obnoxiously. Harry was nowhere to be found, but upon our sight, she and Ron quickly approached the group and greeted us with open arms.

Bloody hell, they definitely looked as if they had just spent the last few months on the run. "Congratulations, you two!" Hermione beamed. Ron gave his brother one of those confusing handshake-hugs that boys do.

"Guess we'll have more than one reason to celebrate when this is all over" Ron laughed, pulling me into a hug. Not going to lie, it was a little awkward, but I guess I'd have to get used to it now that he was technically going to become my brother in-law.

"Professor!" Laura yelled again, flapping my hand in the air. Seriously, could someone just get this girl a microphone so that she could announce it to the entire world, instead of to each person in the room one-at-a-time.

Professor McGonagall turned her head and smiled politely in acknowledgement, turning back to Professor Flitwick before doing a double-take. "Finally, something I can approve of from you, Mr. Weasley" she said warmly before turning back to her, undoubtedly far more pressing, conversation.