All Fall Down

The rest of the holiday passed in a blur, headache after headrush, and the walls of the tiny apartment began to close in on Acelynne. The vomiting became almost constant and she thanked Merlin that her father could sleep through a dragon attack, and therefore didn't hear her coughing up bile for half the night.

Jacobson and George, they blamed her constant fever and shakes on a cold she must have picked up from over-working herself. They made restrictions on the amount of work she could do, although it's not like she felt in the mood to do any work at all. The rest of her time at home was spent curled up on the couch, watching movies and taking tentative bites of whatever food the boys gave her, knowing it wouldn't be down for long.

It was an understatement to say that she was extremely relieved when her father gave her a final hug and George kissed her forehead before helping her up onto the train to go back to school. She barely registered the fact that there wasn't anyone at the station, with the except of Lee, to see Kelly off, or the fact that Kelly immediately dashed into the arms of Laura and began to sob the moment that she got into the compartment.

But somehow, through the constant sickness, Acelynne managed to get back to Hogwarts in one piece, but a fragile piece at that. She stayed that way, fragile, reserved, for about a week longer before she couldn't take it anymore. There had to be a way to get rid of the sickness, the withdrawal. She couldn't go to Madame Pomfrey, or Professor Slughorn, and Merlin knows there was no way she could get within ten feet of Snape without him figuring out what was going on.

And that's how she found herself in the library, dragging her fingers across the spines of every text in the Potions Section and pulling out every book that looked like it could provide anything useful. The thought didn't dawn on her that books about advance potions wouldn't be out in the open for children to take, not until she had pulled practically every book off of the shelf in the Potions Section.

The bookshelves enclosing the Restricted Section loomed over her like an ominous mouth, the library pitch black with the exception of the muggle 'glow-stick' that George had given her long ago, clenched tightly in her fist. The Restricted Section seemed so much more menacing that the last two times she had gone in, looking for books on juvenile revenge. This caused her to look through the books much faster than she would have normally, and therefore find the book that she was looking for.

The Pre-Healers Guide to Sedation Potions. The last chapter in the book completely dedicated to the brewing of Memoire Floué. So with the book tucked under her arm, Acelynne dashed from the library, her head pounded with every step she took, and didn't stop until she reached her dormitory bathroom.

She took a shaky breathe, settling onto the floor with the book in her lap. "Accio potions kit" she mumbled, her hand gripping loosely around her wand. The kit floating out from under her bed and landing gently beside her.

Everything she needed was right there in her N.E.W.Ts kit. Quickly she began to set up her cauldron, pulling out her knives and ingredients while her skimmed briefly over the passage entitled 'The Last Resort'.

This has got to be the most idiotic, self centered, and desperate thing that I've ever seen you do....

Acelynne snapped her head upwards, her eyes scanning deep into the darkness of her bedroom. Unable to see a soul, she whispered 'Who's there?', her arm frozen in the act of cutting up a root that she couldn't pronounce.

You really are losing it, aren't you? You quite literally force me out of your head for months at a time, and now you're at the point of forgetting me?

Acelynne blinked, got to her feet, and closed the door to the bedroom.

I'm in your head, not your bedroom.