You Are My Favourite Memory

"A patronus?" Kelly whispered to me under her breath. "Isn't that supposed to be, like, seventh year magic?" Harry continued to pace around the room as he explained everything we needed to known, about thinking happy thoughts and all that jazz.

"Honestly, not all of us are magical protégées" Laura rolled her eyes and crossed her arms. "Nor are we all Ravenclaws."

"Hush up" I hissed to my friends, but they continued to blabber on about whatever.

"Well, I've given you enough explanation as it is" Harry cleared his throat and dug his hands into his pockets. "The rest is up to you, I guess." Kelly and Laura sighed but drew out their wands anyways, flicking their wands around in the air without really a clue in what they were doing.

"What's your memory?" someone whispered in my ear, causing me to jump a few inches into the air.

"Hmm?" I turned around, only to be nose to nose with George.

"What's your happy memory?" George repeated, cocking his head to the side as he pulled out his wand. "You know, to produce the patronus?"

"Oh" I blinked for a moment as my brain cleared away the fog that had built up while I was mindlessly listening to Harry. "Oh, I... I don't know."

What was my most treasured memory? I mean, not that I don't have an abundance of them. There were ones with my dad and my grandparents, some with Kelly and Laura, and several with George.... but which one was my most treasured?

I thought hard, sorting through my brain to separate the nice ones from the best ones, but no matter how hard I tried I couldn't remember them in specifics. Thanks to the potion that my brain was currently soaked in, it felt as though I was watching a television show play out in my head. I could infer how the first time I met Kelly and Laura on the train felt, but I couldn't actually feel it.

"I'll tell you what my favourite memory is" George bent down and brought his lips close to my ear. "You."

His response startled me. Not pranks? Not his family? Not the Wheezes?

"Me?" I whispered back.

George laughed and placed his hands on my forearms. "Why do you sound so surprised?" he shook his head and pulled away from me, drawing his wand forward and flourishing it around in the air. "Expecto Patronum" he said lazily, although his eyes remained intense on some figment that was only in his own mind.

A string of silver shot out of the end of his wand, slowly forming into a blob that hovered in midair. The blob shifted for a moment and finally took the shape of what looked to be a bird, a Magpie perhaps? I'm no bird specialist. It zoomed around the room, dipping and diving between the heads of other members before fading away.

"On the first try mate?" Lee commented and George nodded as he focused on the bird. "Must be a pretty great memory."

"That is pretty impressive" I laughed as I placed a hand on his shoulder. "What are you-ˮ I started to say, but everyone in the room had stopped what they were doing to look at the house elf that was pulling on Harry's robes. They whispered hastily to each other as the patronus' in the room succeeded to fade away into mist, and then into nothingness.

The house-elf tripped over himself and fell to the floor, proceeding to sob words that were impossible to comprehend. Harry's eyes grew in terror and he looked up at the rest of the group in panic.

"WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?" Harry yelled. "RUN!" We all knew what it meant. Umbridge had found us. George and I looked at each other for a brief moment before heading towards the door, getting caught in the crowd as everybody tried to make a break for it. We broke through the barrier and ran down the corridor, never looking behind us as we continued slid around another corner.