if you're happy ^

- kinda sad content but also wholesome
- i did in fact cry making this so beware baes
- also if you don't want to literally die def don't read this with the song playing 😀
- cringe warning lol
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

y/n's pov

"come on you can't sulk here forever.." i nudged vinnie's shoulder, causing him to dramatically tip over and lay on the couch instead of sit. "says who.." he covered his face with his hands and then peeked through his fingers, smiling slightly.

vinnie was always the one to smile through the pain. he could never fool me though. i always knew when he felt like shit. he always tried to make people laugh, tried to make them  believe he was okay. he'd say something that would lead them to change the subject so he could just suffer alone and not "bother" anyone. i knew him too well.

"you can't fool me vin." i crossed my arms. his smile faded. he sat back up. he teared up. i was the only person he'd ever cried in front of. so he wasn't trying to cover it up. "let's go." i took his hand. "go where?" he questioned as i led him out of my apartment. "our spot." "it's midnight.." "and?" i interlocked our fingers.

god i was so in love with him. all it did was tear me apart, but i couldn't just leave.

we arrived at our spot and i parked the car. we rolled down the windows so we could hear the sounds of the beach in the distance. beautiful.

 beautiful

the spot ^

the spot ^

his breathing calmed. i could tell he already felt better. i almost did too until he spoke. "i just..really love her you know?" yes. i definitely know how you feel. i nodded. "i just need her to love me back. i need her." i need her i need her i need her..what about me?? is it not obvious that i am so head over heels in love with you??? how can i continue with this?

"i can't imagine someone not wanting to be with you." i stared straight forward even though i could feel his eyes on me. "the heart never wants whats good for it hm?" tell me about it. it was so hard to not grip the fuck out of the steering wheel and just step on the gas, plunging the car forwards and off the cliff into the fucking pacific ocean.

"what can i do?" i couldn't hear his sweet voice over my raging thoughts. "y/n?" i snapped out of it. "hm?" "what can i do? i mean i have to tell her how i feel right?" he repeated. i sat in that for a moment. i had the power to get rid of her. i definitely wasn't going to do that though. i loved him too much to hurt him. so i spoke from the heart. "go to her house and knock on the door with flowers in hand. tell her how you feel and that you're not that easy to get rid of, and if she doesn't fall in love right then and there...please forget about her."

he stared at me with watery eyes. "what if it's the forget about her outcome?" i sighed at him. "then i'll help you forget.." i smiled weakly. i knew he could see the pain in my eyes. why didn't he question it? he reached over and grabbed my hand. "you mean so much to me."

my eyes weld up with tears and i blinked them away. his eye contact was penetrating my skull i swear. his thumb rubbed the back of my hand. i am going to choke on this lump in my throat.
"you mean everything to me vin. everything." i swallowed my tears. "you help me with everything. like literally everything. there's nothing i don't tell you. you're perfect."

then why isn't it me you love? if i'm so perfect. why am i not the one you give flowers to? why am i not the one you cry over? why don't you want me? what's wrong with me? "no you're perfect. i'm so glad i have you in my life." i smiled. he kissed my hand. jesus. i craved his touch the most out of everyone. my body ached for him to do it again. he held my hand to his cheek. i struggled to breathe.

"i love you." i choked out. "i love you too y/n." he smiled still rubbing my hand with his thumb. "no v...i mean i love you." i looked him dead in the eyes and teared up. "oh.." he studied my face. i was terrified of whatever words would come out of his mouth next. his eyes didn't leave my face and he didn't let go of my hand. it looked like he stopped breathing.

"v?" my voice shook. "you- you love me, love me?" i just nodded knowing i'd sob if i spoke. "but.. what?" he dropped my hand and looked down, furrowing his brows. "you gotta say something i'm panicking.." i got out. "i'm sorry it's just...i've been in love with you for so long. i just slowly got over you because i didn't think you'd ever feel the same." my eyes widened.

"so you're completely over me?" "no of course not. i tried but i'll always have feelings for you." i grabbed his hand again. "what about her?" he looked at me again. "what about her? you...you finally love me back. why would i even be thinking about her?" i was in pure disbelief. "am i dreaming?" i asked genuinely. he laughed. "no.." his smile was wide and pure.

"so.." "so.." we both sighed and stared blankly out the windshield still holding hands. he eventually leaned over and put his head on my shoulder. "will you be mine for real?" he quietly spoke. "i would love that more than anything."

i smiled widely knowing he couldn't see my face. we sat there and talked for what felt like forever. "y/n?" his tired voice was raspy. "hm?" i said, playing with his hair. "wanna be my girlfriend?" his eyes were closing and i could tell he was delirious. i was too. "i want that more than anything vin.." i smiled to myself.

his hair brushed against my nose as my head fell onto his. we dozed off for a few minutes and then drove home. he was mine.

 he was mine

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

- sorry this took so long and it's not even that good 😭

- i wanna pass away

- i love you guys <333

- goodnighttt

1101 words