The strange guy

Sianna's POV

Relax, it's 9:30 pm, I had to remind myself as I sat on the chair, trying to calm down. Breathe in, breathe out. My eyes are closed and my fingers are tangled. There is nothing to worry about, Everything is fine. Just breathe in and out. I am alone and afraid. I can hear the clock ticking and my heart pounding in my ear. The door of my apartment was open as I was waiting for customers to arrive. Yes, I am Sianna finch who voluntarily helps others to sort things out with them. I wouldn't call it therapy because I don't believe in therapists and I hate them. That doesn't change the fact that I used to go there. 

Just breathe in and out, in and out... Stand up! Stand up! Stand up! Leave, now! The house is burning!  Sianna, run for your life or you will die like your parents died...stand up, Leave! 

A knock on my door stopped my brain and got me back to my senses as I opened my eyes. That's when I felt pain in my skin from my nails digging into it. 

He was wearing a formal white shirt and black jeans. His blonde hair falling to the side with his glasses on and the sincere smile he gave me with the full pink lips of his made me bite on my lower lips. 
"Hi, come in," I said, pointing to the couch, motioning him to sit down. 

"Hi, I am Mark. I am a businessman and 28 years old. I have a wife," Mark introduced himself. He was twisting his hands, holding them in a fist and staring from side to side. He was nervous as if he had killed someone. Aw, I am interested in listening to his problem. 

"Hi, I am Sianna. How can I help you?" I asked. I tried to hide the squeal in my voice. 

"My wife has been acting strangely nowadays. She hides her phone whenever I enter the room. She spends her time in her mother's house. Whenever I ask her what's happening she fires back with don't you trust me. I trust her but I can't pretend that everything is fine. Today's morning, I saw her pack her lingerie before she left. I wanted to follow her but then, she's right. We need to trust each other, right?" 

So, it's a wife cheating on her husband. I like it. 

"Do you know where she went?" I asked. His eyebrows furrowed before he rubbed his head in stress. 

"To her mother's." He answered anxiously. He was scared to know his wife was cheating on him. I can see the love he has for her in his eyes. Deep down he knows she is cheating on him but still he's fine pretending that she will never cheat. 

"Is there any reason for her behaviour?" I interrogated him.

"She was saying her mother is sick. We were having conflict back and then. She always wanted a fancy bag, penthouse and I couldn't provide that due to the financial crisis. However, I was promoted yesterday. I couldn't tell her because she was in a hurry to go to her mother's," he answered back. 

Huh, she is a gold digger! I sank in my seat as I thought about what's the best thing to do. 

"Why didn't you follow her there? I mean you could have your doubts set." I said. My elbows resting on the table, my hand under my chin. He went back into his seat. 

"I trust her and I love her." He replied, his voice shaking. It felt like I was investigating him for murder. 

"Then why are you here?" I smiled at him to let the air around us ease. 

"Ok, I admit. I didn't go there because I am afraid that..." 

"That your wife is cheating on you. Listen, Mark, sometimes things happen and when they happen you fight them not avoid them. So what! She cheated on you. You can find your true love. Maybe it would be hard at first but good things come along." I told.