Our separate way 2.

A/N: Hi, how are y'all? I hope everyone is in good health and wealth. Sorry for the late update. As you know, I am dealing with my health concerning problems so I hope y'all wish me luck and include me in your prayer.

Before reading this chapter, read the previous chapter so you would be able to understand this chapter. Happy reading!!!

Aaron's POV

Even if I was beside you or not, their aim was you. So, it’s either another woman who would end up like me or me. I sigh as I read this sentence and I remember her tears as I close my eyes. No matter what I do, I can't let go of her. As if half of me wants her as much as I want to breathe my next breath but the other part is fighting it. As much as I am hurting her, she isn’t giving up. Deep down I know it. I lost Mia and even if I still didn’t figure it out, somehow I was the reason. I am not sure I can do this again. 

 Ana’s moans caught my attention, I folded the paper and put it inside the envelope as I turned to face her. She has been lying on Mia’s chair since yesterday. Her eyes fluttered open as if she was in shock. 

“Aaron,” she murmured. I arched my eyebrows, glaring at her. 

“What are you doing here?” I asked. She was staring at me, utterly speechless. As her eyes caught the envelope in my hand, she stood up. 

“I know you won't believe me, but I came here looking for the envelopes that Mia left here and nothing more. However, I don’t know what happened, I fell unconscious,” She cracked her knuckles as she swayed back. 

“Why? What is in this envelope?” I asked, my voice low, calm, and surprised fully I am not strangling her as to my raging anger. 

 She bit her lip and I noticed her hand trembling while she covered her lips. 

“He asked me to bring it to him. I don’t know anything,” Her voice is trembling. I can hear the fear in it. 

“Who is he?” I interrogated her. I folded my arms around my chest. Silence wandered in the room and as if I was a ticking bomb, I was losing my patience. 

She walked towards me, wringing her hands. "Aaron, I wish I could explain but I can't. You won't believe me nor understand me. It's complicated. I swear I never wanted to harm you or…" she sighed. "Sianna has gone through a lot. I know you know it and I know you know anyone close to you gets harmed. Just like me, Ace, Mia, and I am afraid it's Sian-" 

"Shut the fuck up!!" I yelled as I raised my fisted hand, but the reminder that she is a woman held me back. Self-control, Aaron! 

"Who is he and what are you speaking about?" I clenched my jaw. "Tell me everything and I will give you the envelopes." 

"You think it's easy," her eyebrows drew together as tears formed in her eyes. “I can’t even if I want to, it’s either you or Ace and as much as you loved Mia, I love Ace and I am ready to sacrifice anything for him. Aaron, whoever is attacking you knows your weaknesses better than you know them. Why do you think you found me here when I could have taken the file and left? We know that you knew everything. What is sad is that you’re dragging someone who doesn’t know anything into this all.” She was furious.

“Mia was his first victim, I am still his victim but Sianna will be. Sianna is in danger. I wasn’t just sent here to confirm our doubts and get the envelopes but also the file that Mia made you promise not to open ever. We want to use it against you to jeopardize your relationship with Sianna, that’s all I can give, try to understand me.” That file! I stared at her, I couldn’t believe a word that came out of her mouth yet I wanted to.