Our day routine

With the towel wrapped around my chest, I stared at my reflection after coming out of the shower. My eyes were red as pepper, and it’s no wonder since I have been crying all night.

The envelope. I shouldn’t have read it, but I did anyway, and now I regret it, though not fully. Just imagine giving this envelope to Aaron when he’s this broken. Seconds, and I will find him dead. Whatever happened to Mia is not fair. The question isn’t how and what. Rather, it’s why and who. I tried to connect every dot to form an understanding of what happened to Mia, but there were missing dots. Like, Aaron not knowing about this the whole time, Mia getting raped more than once with Aaron in the same house, Aaron knowing Ace and Aidan before, and not meeting me once. So much detail is missing from my purview.

I went out and opened Aaron’s closet. He was still sleeping. At least he looked happy and peaceful in his sleep. I searched through Aaron’s clothes to wear something. His clothes are arranged neatly–a trait I don’t have. Everything hung facing the same direction, with the longer items on the left and the shorter ones on the right, and the bottoms of his clothes creating an upward gradient. It was organized with a color code. Red, yellow, green, blue, black, and white. I opened his drawers and found folded boxers that were grey, black, and white. The upper shelf held boxes of watches that were opened, and the shelf under the hem held rolled-up ties that were organized the same way his clothes were. 

I picked the red sweatpants and the white hoodie as I dropped the towel. I was going to wear his clothes since I don’t have anything to wear here. I didn’t want to go home. I wanted to stay in Aaron’s arms while he told me about his relationship with Mia in detail, and then at night, I watched him fall asleep. 

I heard a playful whistle from behind. I jumped, alarmed. Picking up the towel, I ran to the bathroom, slamming the door shut. 

When was he awake? 

I listen to his loud laugh from the bathroom, and I flush with embarrassment. This is why you need privacy, Sianna. This is why you need to go home.

Once I was done, I went out and tried to stand against the doorframe casually, my hands inside the pocket of the sweatpants I was wearing. Instead, I looked ridiculous, so I stood straight and took out my hands when I noticed Aaron’s eyes were closed. I hovered over him and straddled his stomach. Will see how he will whistle now. 

I bent down and kissed his cheek. Then his chin, drawing line kisses to his other cheek. I nuzzled his nose, and he chuckled before I kissed up to his forehead. Pulling me up, he sat himself up, too, fluttering his eyes open. The dark and intense look he was giving me sent tingling all the way down to the area between my legs. 

“Good morning, beautiful,” he rasped.

He slid his hand around my head and didn’t even ask if I was ready, bringing his mouth to mine, assured and eager, like the last sixty seconds of preparation have been pure torture. The moment our lips touch, it’s as if an ember that’s been slow-burning for six long months finally burst into flames. I gasped as his lips pressed against me, taking me by surprise. It didn’t take me more than seconds to react back, pushing him gently, thus breaking the kiss. My eyes shut, our foreheads touching. He wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me into another kiss.

He didn’t even bother with an introductory, slow kiss, his tongue invading my mouth like he’s been there many times before and knows exactly what to do. He turned me until my back was against the bed and settled himself between my legs, grabbing my ass with both his hands, pulling me against him. I wrapped my arms around him, locked my legs around his torso. 

I try to convince myself that I did not go my whole life, never realizing this kind of kiss existed. The way his lips move against mine makes me question the skills of every guy that came before him—even Aidan. No wonder why Mia was obsessed with him!