A year to live

Everything was on fire—the couch, the carpet, even the TV. 

Wait! Where am I? This isn't my house. I was standing in the centre of the living room as I turned around, but I recognised this house as if I had been in it. 

"SIA! NO!" 

I heard a scream, and following the vibration of the sound, I turned towards the voice, discerning it to be Aaron's. And then, the kitchen came into view, which was also burning down. Oh my God! Aaron's house is burning. 

He was standing at the top of the stairs, yelling, "Sia, I love you!" 

He fell and rolled down the stairs to the floor. 

No, no, no, Aaron! 

I ran and jumped over the lit-up floor towards Aaron, who was unconscious, dropping to my knees as I turned him around. "Aaron! Aaron, please. Aaron, wake up. Aaron, I need you to wake up." 

A pool of tears rolled down my cheeks, and I bent my head down to try and hear his heartbeat, but it wasn't present. He was dead. He just killed himself. In front of me. And I couldn't do a fucking shit. I just stood there and watched him do it. 

No, this isn't real. Aaron is not dead. He can't do that to me! "Aaron, wake up! Aaron ple-as-ezz!" I cried as I shook his body. 

Nothing, there was nothing. Not even a flinch! 

He's gone, like the others. My hands went through his hair as I cried out loud. Why, Aaron? I was mad at him. He left me. This was a betrayal. He deceived me. My fisted hand hit his chest hard as I shouted at the top of my lungs.

 I started to cough because of the smoke surrounding us, and my lungs burned as well as my eyes.  

"Sia, sweetheart. Oh, God!" 

His voice. 

I heard it, and I opened my eyes, but I was still coughing as if someone was choking me. He grabbed the bottle of water from the nightstand beside him and handed it to me. 

I started drinking as I stood up. I needed to stay away from him. I needed to put a certain distance between us. I should have done it weeks ago! 

I paced back and forth, with the bottle in my hand and the back of my other fisted hand on my head. Different emotions were surging through me, and I didn't know what to do. I felt anger, sadness, and all other emotions that I had tried to avoid throughout this relationship. 

What relationship? There isn't even a relationship! God! In which world was I living? 

Aaron slowly moved towards me, but before he could get any closer, I brought my palm to his face. 

"Don't come near me. For your own safety!" My voice was on the verge of breaking as a lump formed in my throat and tears threatened to fall. 

Don't cry, Sianna. It's okay. Just calm down. I stood as I drank more of the water, closing my eyes and struggling to control my racing pulse, which was elevated because of the raw emotions I was experiencing. Once I felt like I could breathe, I opened my eyes, and the first thing I saw was Aaron's face. 

Fear. Fear was written all over his face. I could tell from the way his brows were drawn together, and his lips were wrinkled, how his hair was tousled because of his fingers brushing through it repeatedly. 

I was tired. Not tired exactly. Actually, I was exhausted from everything he was making me feel. 

I sat down on the bed.