Their voices 2

Meanwhile, things at Brynn's house were out of control. Brynn was in dire straits. Her mother couldn't comprehend her daughter's pregnancy easily. It was a hard row to hoe. The living room was in a blast of Erica yelling at her daughter. Poor Brynn was glued to her seat, her head down, hugging her waist, unable to say a word or do a thing but to cry. 

Kevin's presence in the room made it even harder for Brynn to think of an answer for all the questions her mother was shooting across her way. 

"I can't believe this. You are barely 18 years old!" Erica yelled while moving back and forth, with her tears running down her cheeks. 

"Baby, baby, what's going on?" Kevin asked. Brynn was crying silently but listening to his voice, she couldn't hold it in anymore. 

Erica sniffed several times before she yelled back, answering his question. "Brynn is pregnant!" 

"What! Out of the blue," Kevin's acting was done quite well. He arched his eyebrows as he glared at Brynn warning her not to say a word. 

"Can you believe this? She is barely 18 and she should be off somewhere in college." Erica sobbed. Kevin tried to hug her but she was inconsolable. 

"Baby, why don't we give her a minute to take a break and we just come back to the conversation?" Kevin suggested. His baldness with his grey beard was enough for someone to punch him across his face. 

"No, we're gonna talk about this right. She needs to tell me everything right now. This is my only child, Kevin!" Erica's hair was flying everywhere as she shook her head in disbelief. The streaked tears on her swollen face weren't able to hide the anger that was pouring out of her. 

"I put you through school and everything and this is how you repay me by getting pregnant!" Her mother mumbled. 

"Baby, just calm down! You are making it a big deal," Kevin stated. 

"Do you know what it feels like? This child is my only hope, my life sacrifice." She paused for a moment to suppress her sobs. 

"Why are you so calm? Do you not understand what's happening?" Erica shouted at Kevin, shoving her hands at him and every other direction. 

"Baby, listen I do understand but anger is not the best way to go about this..." He tried to explain but Erica interrupted him by shouting, "I don't even know why I am talking to you!" 

She swerved her head back to Brynn whose head was still down and yelled at her, " Brynn, you need to let me know what's happening right now! Who's the father? Where does he work and when is he coming to pick you and his baby up?" 

Brynn sniffles before her dead torn voice is heard, "Mom, please stop!" 

"Stop?" Her mother asked. 

Erica arched her eyebrows as she clenched her hand in a fist. 

"You should have told whoever knocked you up to stop!" She insulted 

"Erica, I think you are going too far with this. Can you just calm down? You are scaring her!" Kevin said. 

"Oh, I'm scaring her?" Erica glared at Kevin before she turned her face back to Brynn. 

"She wasn't scared when she was having intercourse, so I don't understand why she would be scared about this conversation!" Erica yelled. 

Erica sat down on the sofa and tried to calm herself down for instance. Once she was able to speak again, she said softly, "Brynn, I am giving you the chance to speak so spit out!" 

Brynn was still quiet and staring down unsure what to say. Her mother waited for her to move her lips but she was asking the most difficult thing from her.