fourteen; no!

My heart beats fast as Thomas lets go of me. I didn't know what to say. I was speechless at the act. Thomas grabs my hand as he interwines our fingers and pulls me towards him.

He laughs at my red face. "Aw! You're so cute, holy crap!"He mocks me.

"Hey that's my line!"I pout. He just smiles as he hugs me tight. "Someone's having moodswings."

"Am not. You just make me feel all happy inside."Thomas says, the corners of his lips not ever going down.

I roll my eyes at his cheesy remark. With his hands still entangled with mine, we went to eat breakfast. He arrives with two plates of food and a set of utensils.

"For you, beautiful."He says and wiggles his eyebrows.

I smirk and roll my eyes playfully. "You're so lame, it hurts."

"I am lame. Literally Awesome Mega Exciting."He says, failing at the sassy comeback.

"I can't believe you're friends with Minho."I shake my head before scooping the eggs from my plate and placing it in my mouth.

"Do you think Newt's okay?"I ask and I saw his smile falter. I felt my heart ache a little, feeling guilty.

"I'm sure he's fine."Thomas mumbles before eating. I sigh before looking down at my food.

"Hey Tom?"I call out. He looks up at me.

"Do you think we'll ever get out of here?"I ask quietly. He grabs my hand and rubs circles.

"I'll make sure we will. I promise."He says before kissing my knuckles.

I nod my head and stood up silently. "I- I just need some time alone."

I walk towards the infirmary. The place that I will be working at for the mean time. The door creaked open and I see a resting Newt. I tiptoe quietly into another room and sat on the floor as I stared at the empty wall.

flashback

"Elizabeth."A boy with dark and curly hair says softly. I couldn't see his features because everything was blurry.

"It'll be okay Elizabeth."He spoke with this melodic voice that I could listen to for ages.

"I only get to say a few words before you go. You will probably not remember. But you have to trust me if you do."

"Be careful out there. You will experience several difficult obstacles but you can get through it. You're a strong girl. I don't know what will happen to you out there but,"He pauses. "Be brave Elizabeth."

"Remember. Survive. Run."He says before I black out.

end of flashback

I woke up, startled by the sound of thunder. I run out the infirmary and saw Newt, Thomas and other boys standing under shelter. I run towards them, crashing into Thomas's open arms.

I look at Newt and Thomas. "What's happening?"

Newt stares at the both of us for a moment. "Minho and Alby aren't back yet."

Thomas added, "They should be back by now."

"They're gonna make it."Newt says, staring at the maze entrance.

"What happens if they don't?"Thomas and I ask in unison.

Newt just scanned our faces. "They're gonna make it."He repeats.

The doors are gonna close in a few minutes and they still aren't back yet. All the other runners are back, but not Minho and Alby. "C'mon guys. Can't we just send out a search party?"Thomas breaks the silence.

"Can't,"Gally spoke, for the first time since the day we wrestled. "We can't risk losing anybody else."

I held Thomas and Newt's hand as they rub circles on them.  The floor started to shake and the doors were closing. I see a figure coming out a dark corner. It was Minho.

He groans loudly as he pulled an unconscious Alby.

"C'mon Minho, you can do it!"Chuck yells and everybody started yelling.

"Minho, you gotta leave him!"Gally yells out amongst the other shouts. My head was spinning. The doors were almost closing and the next thing that happened made my heart shatter.

Thomas slipped out of my fingers and ran into the maze. "No! Thomas!"I cry out but he was already gone.

The doors shut for the night and I fell to the ground, on my knees. I just lost him. I lost them. I lost Minho. I lost Thomas. I also lost Alby. May as well lose myself. Newt sat beside me, waiting for their return. Hoping  for their return.

-
wow i can't believe it. three updates in one day. i'm proud of myself. it was very hard not to make thomas kiss elizabeth during the first scene of this chapter okay be happy for me.

also, do check out one of my closest friend, Fromthefangirl, if you like pentatonix, LOTR and HP. she's awesome. and she's also a zebra in disguise *smirks*.