twenty-six; grievers

A/N: This chapter and second chapter will be written in third person's perspective.

The sun was already going down, dipping down the horizon and colouring the sky shades of blue. Gladers ran towards the opened door, staring at the corridors.

"Minho, I want you to gather all the weapons you can find. Frypan and Winston, you follow him."Thomas orders hastilly, his breath quickening at each word he spoke.

Rumbles and concrete screeching against concrete echoed throughout the whole Glade, the floor shaking beneath them. All four walls were opening.

Elizabeth's ears perked up at screeching from the Maze and she instantly felt panicked. "Alright! Everybody hide!"Thomas screams as his voice cracked slightly.

Everyone ran towards somewhere they thought they would be safe but Teresa stood there. "Teresa!"Elizabeth yells and pulled her roughly, snapping the girl out of her daze. They ran with Thomas and a few recgonizable Gladers to the corn field.

It was silent, for a moment, until a Griever's tail pulled Zart, who was terrified. He let out a scream as he was taken away. Everyone screamed and ran for their lives, out of the corn field.

Elizabeth's eyes widen at the sight and she could've broken down if it wasn't for the Grievers attacking. Everything was set on fire, people were screaming and Grievers were sending them to 'sleep'.

At the corner of her eye, she saw a Griever charging towards her like an angry bull. Elizabeth growled as if a sudden beast was triggered inside of her. She stood on her ground, fists clenched and eyes on the Griever.

She knew that if she jumped out of the way, it would crash into the building behind her. Elizabeth eyed it carefully as the half animal, half mechanical beast loomed closer. She jumped at the right time. Or so she thought.

She felt a sting on her leg and it felt as if a thousand needles were pricking through her body. Elizabeth screamed as the agonizing pain ripped through her body, hearing the cries of her friends and feeling a pair of muscular arms pick her up, she welcomed darkness with open arms.

-
i swear to god, i promise to make the next chapter better since it's the last. yes, i will be finally ending this story. it was nice updating for you guys ilysm and tysm for 8k+ reads <3