twenty-four; bedtime story

My stomach was rumbling. Thoughts were running through my head, thinking about escape and freedom.

"You're thinking about it, aren't you?"Thomas's voice broke me out of my thoughts. "Escape. You're always thinking about it. And always dreaming about it."

"Yeah, I am."

I heard rustling from outside. I guess Thomas heard it too because he jolted up from my lap. I saw a figure bend down and saw that it was Minho and Chuck.

"Oh, it's just you guys."The two of us mumbled in unison.

Minho and Chuck looked at each other. "Not the reaction that we've expected. But we brought you food."

Our eyes lit up at the mention of food. "Are you serious? I'm starving. Thank you so much guys."

They smiled before handing us a white cloth and a water bottle. Thomas unwrapped the water bottle, and inside it was pieces of bread with some fruits. I took one piece of bread and stuffed it into my mouth, moaning.

"I haven't eaten since breakfast. You guys are life savers."I finished the bread and took an apple, biting onto the sweet, juicy, red fruit.

"How is it in there?"Minho asks me quietly through the gate that was seperating the two of us. "Cold."I mumble, chewing on my apple.

Minho laughs before reaching his arm into the gate openings and interwining our fingers. "We're still gonna run together tomorrow, you know?"

I roll my eyes. "Yeah, I know."He flashes his pearly white smile at me before kissing my knuckles.

"I should probably go."Minho says after looking behind him. "You're leaving already? I couldn't even tell you my 101 reasons on why I hate Gally, Asshole."

He laughs. "Well, I would love to hear it, note the sarcasm, but I really have to go. I promised Newt that I wouldn't bring you food. Me being the rebel I am, brought my girlfriend some food."

My face turned red at the word 'girlfriend'. Good thing it was dark. "I'm your girlfriend?"

Minho rolls his eyes. "Of course you are. Why would you not be?"

The next words I spoke came out softly. "You- You didn't ask."

"Oh well,"He mumbles. "Will you, Elizabeth, do the honors of being mine with Thomas and little Chuckie being our witnesses of our love?"He says in a posh voice.

"Of course I will, Asshole."I smile widely, leaning up to kiss him through the openings.

"I'm gonna gag."Thomas says, making a face.

"Yeah, on Newt's dick."I snicker.

"Hey! I am not gay!"Thomas protests. Minho shakes his head before releasing tangled hands.

"Well, while you argue over his sexuality, I'm gonna go. C'mon Chuckie. You shouldn't be here while they talk about this."Minho tells Chuck.

Chuck smiles at Thomas and I before leaving. "I'll get you out Chuck!"Thomas yells after him.

It was silent now. "Hey, you tired?"I ask Thomas.

"No,"He mumbles from below me. "I have a bedtime story. You wanna hear it?"

He hums. I took it as a yes. I cleared my throat before beginning.

"In the Kingdom of Light there were twin boys named Shay and Dawn. Shay and Dawn would play in the light of the sun, in the light of the stars, in the silvery light of the moon. Wherever there was light, there were Shay and Dawn."I paused for a moment.

"They would dip their toes in rays of sunshine. They would twirl their fingers in the twinkle of stars. They would swirl around in the glimmer and shimmer of moonlight. Shay and Dawn were always together. The boys loved each other very much and never tired of chasing beams of light from the moon, stars, or sun. The boys had only one wish that they could be together forever in the light they loved so much. Because the boys had this wish, they decided to visit the King of Light, and ask him to grant their wish."

"One day they decided to make the journey to the King of Light's castle. It was a marvelous castle, shinning and twinkling like diamonds on the hillside. The boys were granted entrance to see the King, and when they saw him, they nearly fell down because of his brightness. The King was the most beautiful light they had ever seen. He shone from head to foot. He seemed to walk on rays of light. The King was brighter than the sun, twinkled more than the stars, and his glow out did the moon."

"The King asked the boys, "why have you come to see me?" And Shay and Dawn answered him by saying, "We have come to ask you to grant our wish. We love to play in the light together and we wanted to know if you would allow us to be together in the light forever?"The King took a liking to the boys, and because they had traveled so far, and loved the light and each other so much, he decided to grant their wish. The King said, "Because of your love for each other, I will grant your wish, for you and all people. From now on you will be called Shadow, and you will follow all people when the light is bright. That way your love will be a witness to everyone when they walk in the light of the sun, they will see their shadow, and remember the love you have for each other and for light."The End."

I looked down to see Thomas snoring softly, eyes closed. I smiled before closing my eyes and falling asleep soon after.

-
c'mon, we all know i didn't think of that bedtime story. creds to person who did it bcs i read it somewhere.

zayn :-(