two; the glade

I furrow my eyebrows in confusion as I stare at the British boy in front of me. "What is this place?"My accent matching his.

He smirks at me before saying, "Name's Newt, greenie. And this, is the Glade." This made my brows furrow even more.

"The Glade?"I ask, tilting my head. He nods, "The Glade. The place where we eat, sleep and do our part. There's no room for slackers here. We're called Gladers here."

This made me snicker. "Gladers? Glade? How original."He just glares at me as I raise my hand up in mock defense.

"Hey Newt! Enough time talking to the girl greenie!"A short, dark skinned man said, jogging over to us. Newt nods and waves at me before...limping?...away.

The man comes up to me and crosses his arms. It felt weird, he was shorter than me by a few inches. "Name's Alby. Do you remember anything?"

I shake my head. "No."

He nods. "None of us do when we come out the Box. Can you tell me your name?"

I shrug. "I only knew that it started with an E. That's it."I chewed on my bottom lip.

"Alright. That's enough questions for you. I'll show you around."He says, walking towards a place.

I rubbed my arms from the feeling of nervousness. I follow Alby as he tells me what the wooden huts were. He pointed towards places, calling them weird things like Bloodhouse and Homesteads. I see them setting up something in the middle of the 'Glade'. I tilt my head and turnt to ask Alby. "What are you guys setting up?"

"Oh, it's a surprise,"He says as he grins. He walks towards a place built up in a tree, overlooking the whole Glade. "Hope you're not afraid of heights, greenie."

He climbs up as I do the same. I reach the top and my breath was taken away. It felt peaceful here, the wind blowing softly against my face. I see the huge concrete walls and my curiousity grew.

"Hey,"I say, catching Alby's attention. "What's out there?"I point towards the direction of the walls. I feel him tense beside me.

"Look greenie, here we have rules. There are three important rules,"He says, facing towards me. "First, do your part. We have no room for freeloaders here. Second, never harm another glader. We can't have all this without any trust. And most importantly, third, never go beyond those walls."

I was about to open my mouth but he cut me off, saying, "Alright, that's enough questions for today."I sigh inaudibly as we climbed down the tree house.

-
yeah yeah yeah, alby with his rules and whatever else things. you know, basic maze runner knowledge.