twenty-one; teresa

We run towards the Glade and I saw Chuck laughing. I jog towards him and asked, "Hey Chuckles, what's happening?"

He was laughing as he pointed towards the tree house. "Girls are awesome."

I turn my head to see boys getting hit by objects that were soaring through the air. "Leave me alone! Go away!"

I jog towards the tree house, laughing a little. "We come in peace!"One of the boys yelled, nearly make me topple because I laughed so hard.

"Hey, you throw that one more time-"Gally yells very angrily but got cut off by a flying object. My eyes widen at the object coming towards my face and I dodged quickly. "I don't think she likes us very much."Newt said with a soft laugh.

"Hey! Stop! It's Elizabeth!"The objects immediately stopped.

A small head peaked out from above as big, sparkling blue eyes blinked at me. "I'm coming up, okay?"

The head disappeared. I looked behind me before saying, "Just me."

Gally had his eyes narrowed at me as I climbed up the ladder. Opening the latch, I jumped when i saw the machete being pointed at me. "Who are you? Why can't I remember anything?"

"Woah, relax. I'm Elizabeth. You'll get your name back in a day or two-"I got cut off. "Teresa."

My eyes were slightly big. "I'm sorry, what?"She purses her lips before saying, "My name. It's Teresa."

My brows raised. "Oh well then, Teresa. Lovely name you got there,"

"Thanks."She mumbled.

"I'm gonna take that machete away from you, alright?"She didn't say anything.

I held my hand out slowly and took the machete away from her carefully. "Wow, okay."I say with a deep breath.

Gally yelled from below, "Hey, what's going on up there?"

I glanced Teresa before looking down on Gally. "Hey, just give us a moment, alright?"

He narrows his eyes at me as I roll my eyes slightly. Boys gave me suspicious looks before leaving us alone.

Teresa and I sat on the edge with our legs dangling. "So how did you know me?"

Teresa looked me in the eye. "They said I kept saying your name and some other guy's name in my sleep."

My left brow raised slightly. "Who was this guy's name?"

"It was Thomas, I think."She mumbles.

I nod my head and started running my hair through my knotted up brown hair. Teresa glanced at my hair before looking back at me.

"Um, can I play with your hair? Sorry if it's weird. It just looks really soft."She says softly.

I laughed at the older looking girl before laying on her lap. She started playing with my hair and I just laid there with my eyes closed.

Teresa broke the silence. "Why do you think we're here?"

"I don't know."I simply say.

She nods silently, going back to playing with my hair. "Elizabeth?"She calls out.

I hum in response. "Can I ask you a question?"

"You already did."I smirk.

"No! I mean- no- ugh! I'm gonna ask you anyways,"I laugh a little. "These were in my pocket when I woke up. Do you know what they are?"

I observed the item she handed me carefully. There were three metal tubes with blue liquid inside of them. My fingers traced over the initials written on it.

"Those words were in my dream alot."She says when my fingers kept tracing over the bold letters.

"This woman's voice just kept saying it over and over again-"I cut her off.

"WICKED is good."I stared ahead.

I could see her look at me from the corner of my eye. "Yeah, how'd you know?"

"There were in my dream too."I reply softly.

"What if we were sent up here for a reason?"She asks.

"Then I think it's time to find out what we're really up against."I stood up.

Teresa was still sitting down. "He hates me doesn't he?"She says softly.

I look at the direction she was staring at and noticed Gally glaring at us. "He thinks it's my fault."

I squat down her level to meet her eyes. "Hey, this is nobody's fault, okay?"

Teresa remains silent as she looks down at her shoes. I held my hand out for her to take.

"C'mon,"I gesture towards my hand, grinning. "I'll show you around."

She grins brightly before taking my hand.

-
TereBeth is the friendship Brenda and Teresa was supposed to have.