fifteen; pissed

My mind went blank. It felt as if I wasn't alive, that all I felt was numbness throughout my whole body. I just sit on my knees, blinking away the tears and just staring blankly at the cement wall.

He made me promise to not leave him. He promised me that he would find a way out. Promises were meant to be kept. Not broken, I think as I thought about Thomas's promise.

But Minho. Another one that didn't fulfill his promise. He said that he would come back. But he didn't. I didn't even get to say goodbye, I think as a single tear descends down my cheek.

flashback

There he was again. The boy with dark and curly hair. But this time, I could see his face.

"Elizabeth. Elizabeth! Wake up!"He yells and I awoke with a startle.

"What Daniel?"I mumble, rubbing my eyes. He had a panicky look in his eyes.

"We have to get out of here. Down to the bomb shelter."The boy called Daniel says. I was picked up quickly by Daniel and he scurries down the stairs into the basement. I was confused until I saw the basement.

Everything was covered in titanium and he shut the door, spinning the vault door lock. "What's happening?"I ask, finally on my feet.

He looks me in the eye. "The sun."

"What's with the sun?"

"It's destroying the world. Burning everything. We haven't got hit yet but we will soon."He says in a serious tone.

"But what about Mum and Dad?"

He shakes his head gently and looks down. "They- they got hit by the sun."

I gasp. "No way Daniel. You gotta be joking right? This is a prank, isn't it? You wanted revenge on me for pranking you all the time right?"I laugh nervously.

"Yeah, well good fucking job! Maybe you can have a prize for being the best pranker, aye? Or maybe the best fucking brother in the entire universe!"I yell out, hot tears spilling out.

Daniel shushes me and hugs me close. I sob into his chest as an explosion was heard.

end of flashback

I was woken up by Newt. "Hey. Are you okay, Eliza?"

I was panting and covered in cold, sticky sweat. "I'm- I'm fine."

Newt raises a perfect eyebrow. "Are you sure? Cause you were gasping and whimpering while you were asleep."

I swallowed. "Yeah. I'm fine. Just nightmares."

"Well. Do you wanna talk about it-"His question was cut off by the door opening.

I stood up to my feet and narrowed my eyes to see if they were there. The rest of the boys ran towards here and crowded around.

There was no one there. "See? I told you Chuck. No one survives a night in the maze."Newt tells Chuck.

Everyone started murmuring and walking away. Chuck and I just stare at the ground.

"No way."Zart says. Everyone turns and I look up.

Thomas and Minho was carrying an unconscious Alby. Everyone started cheering as they put him down.

They looked tired. I was, of course, pissed at them. "Did you see a griever?"Chuck asks, looking at Thomas.

"He didn't just see a griever,"Minho says, looking at Thomas before turning to everyone else.

"He killed one."

-
oh daniel sharman as elizabeth's brother? oh well okay then. this chapter was so bad i'm sorreh.