Correlation, Not Causation~ Chapter 71

"Y/n? Y/n, talk to me. Cheshire. Chess!" Steve demands. My head snaps to look in his direction, but I do not speak. Seeing my anxiety stricken expression. Cap grasps my shoulders and stares into my eyes.

"Ignore the loud noises. Ignore that there is so much happening. You can't do everything at once. Do one thing at a time. We need you to fight with us. You are no help standing here worrying about what you can do, and just do what you know how to."

Steve and I climb out of the train and approach Pietro and Wanda.

"I'm fine. I just need to take a second." Pietro mumbles.

"I'm very tempted not to give you one." Steve snaps. I stay quiet as I walk behind him. Wanda proceeds to ask Steve if the cradle was retrieved, to which Steve replies, "Stark will take care of it."

Wanda's face falls as she shakes her head and takes a step back. "No he won't." She mutters.

"You don't know what you are talking about, Stark's not crazy." Steve argues.

"He will do anything to make things right." Wanda stands her ground. Steve doesn't respond but instead takes a step back and speaks into the intercom, requesting for someone to speak up.

"Ultron can't tell the difference between saving the world and destroying it. Where do you think he gets that?" Wanda continues.

"'Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
All mimsy were the borogoves,
And the mome raths outgrabe.
"Beware the Jabberwock, my son!
The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun
The frumious Bandersnatch!'" I begin to recite, in an attempt to calm myself.

This caused the Maximoff twins to give me strange looks. I pause my recitation of the poem and turn my attention to the red head.

"Tell me, how is a raven like a writing desk?!"

"Excuse me?" She stared at me as though I had grown a second head, which wouldn't surprise me as it wouldn't be the first time I have more than one appendage than necessary.

"Exactly! Completely unrelated! While there is an answer to the question, that is irrelevant at this moment! A raven is like a writing desk in a way but they are not correlated. Ultron and Tony have aspects in common though it is not genetic, well how could it be genetic if Tony didn't give birth, not to mention Ultron is a robot. But while Tony created Ultron, he did not create Ultron's plans, thought processes, and functions, but merely a goal; world peace, how he went about getting it was his own free will with no influence."