The Smell of Death~ Chapter 47

"Who else knows about your wife?" Steve asked.

"Just, my friends." Fury replied, but his message said, 'you and me.'

"Is that what we are?"

"That's up to you." Suddenly, there were loud thuds, and bullets pierced Fury. He fell to the ground in pain. Steve gasped and dragged Fury out of the room, and to the kitchen. Fury handed him something, and told him not to trust anyone.

~Time Skip~

"Fury is currently surgery. He was shot, and it was very fatal." I had received a call from one of the few agents that Fury had told that I was back on Earth. My eyes widened, and my mind seemed fuzzy. When I had found out, I was following Natasha. She also received the message, and she quickly drove to where Nick was. Too tired from teleporting earlier, I could not teleport directly there, so I had to get a ride from Nat, without her knowing. I rushed behind her, into the room.

Steve, Maria Hill and other people were already there, staring through the window into the surgical room. I followed behind them, and covered my hand over my open mouth in shock. No, no. This can't be happening. He better be alive, or Imma kill him.I stayed silent and invisible, so no one knew that I was there.

I watched as the monitor that recorded his heart beat started to slow and lose inclination. The constant beeps started to turn into a constant noise. My eyes widened and began to panic, until I realized something. One of the doctors in the room was an agent, one without any experience in the medical field. I moved a bit closer to the window and sniffed the air.

Drugs.

He freaking took a drug to make it appear as though he was going to die. I AM GOING TO KILL HIM! I sighed, but wanted to finally make an appearance for the others. They have sat in the dark for too long. Also, I need to make this much more believable. Before the doctors could place the sheet over the body, I popped into the room. Everyone jumped and stared at me with large eyes. I walked forward, humming my favorite song ever. Cheshire Kitten. As I hummed, though very sadly to make it seem sad, I walked through the wall.

I stopped to stand above Fury. I held out my hand, and using my healing powers, I healed his body, which pushed out all of the bullets within him. I quickly caught the silver shells and placed them on a nearby table, all the while still humming. I healed all of Fury's wounds before turning to the audience and giving them a solemn look, before disappearing out of their vision. I watched as Nat stared, emotionless, at Fury's "lifeless" body. Steve then left the room.

~Time Skip~

Nat and Steve stood in the same room as Fury's body. Nat stood by it, while Steve stood by the wall. I was in the room, but I was by the opposite wall of where Steve was, still invisible. Natasha crossed her arms over her chest. I could tell that she was very upset, and I wanted to console, but I knew that I couldn't. Natasha closed Fury's eyes.