Uncomfortable~ Chapter 50

"Oh no, my fiancee was just helping me with some honeymoon destinations

"Oh no, my fiancee was just helping me with some honeymoon destinations." Nat lied.

"Right, we're getting married." Steve played along awkwardly.
"And I'm the maid of honor!" I chirp, popping up behind them and wrapping my arms around the both of them. The workers eyes went straight to the top half of my outfit before he spoke, still glancing at my... hehe... shirt. Rude much. My eyes are up here bro!

"Congratulations! Where are you guys thinking about going?" He asked. Just as he asked that, the program showed me where we were tracking.

"New Jersey." I answer for them. I ignore their whole conversation as it made no difference to me whatsoever. Nat rolled her eyes and stood behind me, watching what I was doing. Once the man walked away, Steve turned to look over my shoulder. Once the spot came up, he leaned in closer.

"You know it?" Nat asked.

"Used to," He responded.

"And... we, are.... gooooooooddddddd..... To go!" I grab the drive and lead my squad out of the store. Steve and Nat walk next to each other, to the left of me, with Nat in between the both of us. Nat looks down as to hide her face from the team tracking us. Steve cautiously looks around, afraid his disguise will fail him. I walk confidently as I was able to use my powers to change my hair color and create a great disguise, and if I was compromised, I would be able to turn invisible to hide myself.

"Standard tag team: two behind, two across." Steve whispered, explaining our situation. "And two coming straight at us. If they make us I'll engage, you hit the south escalator to the metro, and y/n, you vanish." I smirk to myself and slightly nod.

"Shut up and put your arm around me. Laugh at something I said." Nat responded, taking Steve off guard as we kept walking. "Do it." She ordered. Steve quickly complies and does as he is told while I take a step back and pretend to act like a third wheel to the two of them. Luckily, the guy that was walking straight at us walked past us.

"Wow, I feel left out." I say as I jog back up to catch up to them. We suddenly get on an escalator and ride down, only to find ourselves about to pass another enemy guy. Natasha suddenly turned around and ordered Steve, who was standing next to me, to kiss her.

"What?" He asks in confusion. Wow, what a soldier he is.

"Public displays of affection make people very uncomfortable."

"Yes, they do!" He retorted. She reaches up and quickly kisses him, leaving me to stand next to him, feeling really uncomfortable. I quickly put my hand over my eyes to shield my innocence from the scandalous act.

Once the guy passes by, they break apart. Nat turns around and starts walking down the escalator. "You still uncomfortable?" She directs the question to Steve.

"Yep!" I respond instead.

~Time Skip~

    After a long time, we were in a truck, which Steve had successfully stolen for us to use

After a long time, we were in a truck, which Steve had successfully stolen for us to use. Steve was driving with Nat in the passenger seat and me laying in the back, head on one seat, feet pressed on the window of the opposite end. I was laying on my back, eyes closed and hands resting on my stomach. I had changed my hair back to the gray to blue ombre, and had ditched my clothes so I could adorn my usual cheshire cat outfits. Natasha then turns, her feet on the dashboard, and speaks.

"Where did Captain America learn how to steal a car?"

"Nazi Germany. And we're borrowing, take your feet off the dash." He responded.

"All right, I have a question for you, which you do not have to answer. I feel like if you don't answer it, though, you're kind of answering it, you know..."

"What?"

"Was that your first kiss since 1945?" Nat asked teasingly.

"That bad huh?"

"I didn't say that!"

"Well, it kinda sounds like that's what you said."

"No I didn't! I just wondered how much practice you've had."

"You don't need practice!"

"Everybody needs practice!"

"It was not my first kiss since 1945. I'm 95, I'm not dead."

"Yet!" I add, causing him to give me a look through the rear view mirror. "Hey, don't get mad at me, I'm just saying. You is a hooman, hoomans don't live long, take my word for it. You guys are WEAK!" Natasha reaches back to attempt to smack me.

"Oh yeah, and how long do cats live?" Steve asks.

"Better question, how long do mutant cats live?" Nat adds.

"Very long, but wonderlandian mutant cats live a LONG time. In wonderland, I'd say I am over a hundred years old, which is a lot longer in Earth years." They both nod, interested in the information I gave.

"Nobody special though?" Nat asks Steve, returning to the previous conversation. He scoffs and replies.

"Huh, believe it or not, it's kinda hard to find someone with shared life experience."

"Tell me about it!" I mutter with a grin.

"Well it's alright, you just make something up!" Nat replies.

"What? Like you?"

"I dunno, the truth is matter of circumstance. It's not all things, to all people, all the time."

"It's a tough way to live." He replies.

"It's a good way not to die though."

"Hey guys, um, so first of all, I'm trying to take a cat nap, second of all, I don't ship Stasha, could you please shut up, or do I gots to bite y'alls tongues?"