Car Chase~ Chapter 46

I was currently following Steve around the smithsonian. He was wearing a baseball hat, which somehow hid his identity. I wore a gray blouse that had teal stripes and gray leggings. I wore gray, denim flats. Somehow, Steve didn't recognize me as I continued to follow him, and not very inconspicuously.

"A symbol to the nation. A hero to the world." The speakers for the section of the museum echoed. Steve walked straight past a mural of himself. Jeez, these people really loved him. HEY WONDERLAND! WHERE'S MY MURAL?! I FREAKING SAVED YOU AND ALL!

Though, seriously, how has Steve not caught me? I am literally standing two feet behind him with no disguise. I am just wearing nice clothing. No makeup except for the essentials. No hat, mask, no nothing. Wow, he is failing as a super soldier right now. I stopped following him when he went to the nursing home to see Peggy.

Instead, I teleport to wherever Fury was. I ended up in the passenger seat of a car. I look at him, and see him holding his bleeding arm. Looking through the rear view mirror, I see multiple cars following the one I was in. I turn to Fury.
"GIVE ME THE DAMN WHEEL!" I yell. He rolls his eyes and allows me to teleport and switch seats with him. "CAT BEHIND THE WHEEL AGAIN!" I scream.

"Just drive!" Fury yells at me. I comply and weave the car through traffic, succeeding in not running anyone over, even though Fury would not care if I did or not. It's really a personal success. I listen to Fury as he talks to his Artificial Intelligence, but I did not understand any of the words being exchanged. I finally stopped listening and put all of my focus on the road.

We drive straight through a crowd of cars that was caused by the traffic. 'Police officers' get out of their cars and continue to chase us by foot while carrying machine guns and continuing to shoot at us. "OH MY DEAR LORD! HOW DID WE LIVE!? AM I ALIVE?! AM I IN HEAVEN OR HELL?! SATAN, PLEASE MAKE A SIGNAL THAT YOU ARE HERE?! OR IS THE OTHER WAY AROUND. SHOULD I MAKE THE SIGNAL TO SHOW THAT I AM HERE?"

"AGENT CHESHIRE."

"CAN I PLEASE TELEPORT THIS CAR AND US OUT OF HERE?! I'M PANICKING!"

"NO!"

"WHYYYYY?!"

"BECAUSE!"

"DON'T TURN MY WORDS ON ME YOU EVIL PERSON!" I yell as I continuously rotate the wheel, making the car hit multiple enemies and knocking them down. It was actually kinda fun as it felt as though I was in a video game.

Finally, I got out of traffic and continued weaving the car through the multiple other cars on the road, with the police cars following close behind us. One of the police officers leans out of their car. "You may want to lean back." I tell Fury as my body, except my hands, turn intangible. I jerk the car to the side and hit the police car, causing the officer to be half in our car, still shooting at us. Another car hit our van on the other side. Fury continues shooting while I elongate my nails and start scratching the officer, using my tail to control the wheel.

I suddenly slow down the car, allowing the other cars to fly past us and get hit by a truck. I took that chance and turned the car down another road. "GET ME OFF THE GRID!" Fury yelled at his AI.

"Calculating route to secure location." The AI responds. Then, through the window, I could see a dark figure standing in the middle of the road, right in front of our car. I watch as the figure lifts up some contraption towards us, then suddenly, a small disk is launched forward. As though time had slowed down, I could smell smoke, and the car was then thrust into the air, flames enveloping it. The car had landed, and both Fury and I were groaning and coughing.

I look out the window to see the figure approaching the car. Fury was about to get something out to somehow get us out of the situation. Fearing that it would take too long, I grab Fury's arm, not caring that it may have hurt him.

"Oh hell no. Sorry fury, but fuck no." I then used the rest of my energy and teleported us out of there and to Steve's apartment. We found ourselves lying on the ground in the middle of the living room. Steve was still not home yet, so I took it upon myself to treat Fury's wounds. Not wanting to waste anymore energy before I could rest and regain my energy and be able to use more magic, I resorted to using the human ways to help him.

I picked Fury up and lay him in a chair. I quickly grabbed some towels and gauze and treated his wounds. For no apparent reason, I started playing old timey music for Fury to listen to. Once I was sure he was okay, I teleported away before Steve got back.

~Third Person~

Steve cautiously enters the room, only to find his boss laying in one of his chairs, listening to music. "I don't remember giving you a key." Steve said. Fury groans as he pushes himself to a sitting position.

"You really think I'd need one? My wife kicked me out." Fury lied.

"Didn't know you were married."

"There's a lot of things you don't know about me."

"I know Nick, that's the problem." Steve said as he turned on the light, only to freeze when he saw the blood covering Fury. Fury calmly turned the light back off, typed something on his phone and showed it to Steve.

'Ears everywhere.' He silently explained. "I'm sorry to have to do this, but I had no place else to crash." He lied again, then showed Steve another message on his phone, which said that Shield was compromised.

"Who else knows about your wife?" Steve asked.

"Just, my friends." Fury replied, but his message said, 'you and me.'

"Is that what we are?"

"That's up to you." Suddenly, there were loud thuds, and bullets pierced Fury. He fell to the ground in pain. Steve gasped and dragged Fury out of the room, and to the kitchen. Fury handed him something, and told him not to trust anyone.