Sokovia - Chapter 74

AUTHOR'S NOTE: Guess who's back?! ME! I know it's been like 3 years... but I have returned! I apologize that this chapter is short. I am working on the next one already. I just have so much work to do, and trying to get back into writing has been a process. 

Tony spoke up, "What's he waiting for?" To which the red man responded,

"You."

"Where?" Mr. Banner had asked.

"Sokovia. He's got Nat there too." Clint informed. Bruce took a few steps towards the red man.

"If we're wrong about you, if you're the monster that Ultron made you to be..." He trailed off, glaring at the man.

"What will you do?" The man spoke softly as he looks around at everyone. "I don't want to kill Ultron. He's unique, and he's in pain. But that pain will roll over the earth, so he must be destroyed. Every form he's built, every trace of his presence on the net, we have to act now. And not one of us can do it without the others. Maybe I am a monster..." The man seems to trail off.

"I don't think that there are any monsters." Y/n cuts in. "There is only those who serve others, and those who serve themselves. No matter what you do, someone will suffer from the decisions you make."

"I don't think I'd know if I were one. I'm not what you are, and not what you intended. So there may be no way to make you trust me. But we need to go."

As though it were the most normal thing in the world, the red creature lifts Thor's hammer and hands it to him. Thor takes it with a look of uncertainty and shock. In the midst of everyone's silence, Y/n bursts into fits of giggles.

"Right..." Thor says awkwardly. "Well done." He murmurs to Stark as he pats his shoulder before he walks off.

"Three minutes. Get what you need." Steve told the team, pretending that nothing had just happened. Y/n did not have to go far to retrieve her belongings. Her abilities gave her the advantage to have access to anything she desired with merely the snap of her fingers. She found herself sitting with Steve, Bruce, and Tony.

"No way we all get through this. If even one tin soldier is left standing, we've lost. It's gonna be blood on the floor." Tony spoke softly to Steve and Bruce. His back facing the table the Y/n has made herself comfortable on top of.

"I got no plans tomorrow night." Steve responded.

"I get first crack at the big guy. Iron Man's the one he's waiting for." Tony sighs.

"That's true, he hates you the most." Vision says aloud as he walks by, causing Y/n to giggle incessantly.

Eventually, the team was aboard the jet, heading to Sokovia, with Steve briefing everyone on the plan.

"All they want is to live their lives in peace, and that's not going to happen today. But we can do our best to protect them. And we can get the job done, and find out what Ultron's been building. We find Romanoff, and we clear the field. Keep the fight between us. Ultron thinks we're monsters and we're what's wrong with the world. This isn't just about beating him. It's about whether he's right."

"Or left!" Steve squeezed his eyes shut, and tried desperately to ignore Y/n.

~Time Skip~

"Y/n, help the people evacuate the city. Teleport anyone who's lagging behind." Steve ordered.

"Aye Aye captain." The girl soluted before teleporting away. She finds herself on the bridge, in the middle of hundreds of Sokovian citizens making their way across. Her sudden appearance startles those around her, choosing to keep their heads down and scurry past. She spun around, assessing where her help was needed most. Her gaze fell on an older couple leaning on one another. The husband seemed to have some disability affecting his ability to walk, and his wife was straining to keep him up and help him move across the bridge.

She swiftly took the hands of the couple, and gave them a reassuring grin, before teleporting them to the other side of the bridge, closer to safety.