The End

I've been writing this book since 2017, and as you can imagine, over the course of four years, I've changed a lot. That's very obvious in the change in tone from the beginning of this book til the end. I began this as a know-it-all fourteen year old, influenced by "older and wiser" fandom members. Wanting to impress them, I took a hard stance in all my opinions, shaming people for the way they wrote. But as I got older, I didn't like how aggressive the book was. Sure, brutal honesty is good in some circumstances, but I would hate to discourage people from writing by being overly harsh and critical. This is a rant book, so I'm gonna be ranting about things I dislike, but I could frame that in a way that was constructive, not harmful. Here I am, five years later, finishing this book on my nineteenth birthday. Now I just feel old and sentimental.

I left the older stuff up because I think the points I made still stand, but the tone changed. I think it goes to show that people can change, fandom attitudes change, and all that. But now I'm at a point where I don't see the need to keep writing this book. There'll always be things I don't like in fics, but I think I've covered all the glaring issues I want to cover. I was considering keeping it up and updating it sparingly, but I think it's best if I end it here. This book has run its course, and I'd rather spend my time uplifting this fandom than tearing it down. (I would like to say we need to criticise harmful things and discuss issues in this fandom, and keeping things positive all the time is just as toxic as being brutal, but a lot of this book is just petty, and if I see any big issues, I'll complain about it in my smb or add in a cheeky update, but this is functionally finished.)

I really appreciate everyone who's bothered to read 60 chapters of me whining, and those of you who've read any of this at all. It means a lot that you've taken the time out of your day to read my words. I really hope this has helped you guys in some way. It's mindblowing to see that 5k people, individual people, have read at least one chapter of this book. 5000 people read the rant I wrote as a 14 year old. I never thought it would blow up as much as it did. I remember bragging to my parents about how I had 6k reads on my book, and them bragging about it to the rest of the family. And at the point of writing this, Things I Hate About Warriors Fanfiction stands at 87k reads. It's so surreal. I can't thank you all enough. 

But I have good news! I know a lot of people use this for fanfiction tips, and so I thought I'd make a proper fanfiction tips book! It's not the top of my priorities right now so it won't be here for a while, but if you're interested, comment and I'll tag you when it's up! Don't get too excited, it won't be coming for a long time. I'm caught in a balancing act between uni, work, my friends, and my actual writing, and in between all that, I don't have much motivation. Tbh all I do in my free time at the moment is smoke weed to cope with the fact that I'm going to be studying for the next 6 years of my life, in a horrific amount of debt, and then I'll be plunged into the working adult world. In the meantime, feel free to check out my fics, see if I practice what I preach ;) But seriously, if you do like my rants, I have a warriors rant book called Spitting Shit about the canon series, and I'll take the time to promote my discord server for the Warriors Wattpad community, as it's a good place to make friends, chat about the series and writing! The idea behind that was that we should have a little "hub" for our community, and the more members, the better! Check the comments for the link. See, uplifting the fandom, not tearing it down! My pms are always open if you want advice, oooor you could join the server and get feedback from the wonderful people on it. ;) sorry to keep plugging the server, I just think it could be helpful.

Once again, I'm so grateful to all of you who have followed me down 60 chapters of this book, or anyone who's clicked on it at any point. It means a lot, and I hope you've got some good out of it!

And since this is the end...let's finish on a cat pic for old times sake, and y'all can see more of me than just my foot this time!

let's finish on a cat pic for old times sake, and y'all can see more of me than just my foot this time!