Oblivious.

Ah. You see this is most fanfictions, and many books. Someone, usually the protagonist's friend, falls in love with them. But the protagonist is oblivious! They just can't tell! But of course, everyone else can and teases them about it, but no one tells our poor, darling protagonist what's really going on.

This wouldn't be a problem, in fact it doesn't matter, albeit the fact that it's incredibly annoying.

I don't want to read the same thing over and over again! I want something different. I don't want to know what's going to happen next!

Now, there is absolutely nothing wrong with this in a political sense. Nothing. The problem lies in the fact that it's just boring writing.

Why don't you switch it up a bit? Have the roles reversed! Your character could have a crush the size of Silverpelt on this other person, but this person has no idea, and it's infuriating!

Or better yet, your character could know exactly who has a crush on them, and how they react to them is up to you.

Or perhaps, you go with the above, just reversed!

Perhaps someone, either your protagonist or their "love interest" actually don't become mates. Perhaps they don't even have a relationship! One of them could decline. Be realistic.

Or maybe your protagonist doesn't even have a romance. That's completely fine and valid. I have a few fics planned where the protagonist doesn't feel the need for romance. And that's great!

So, this is one short rant on something that's really annoying me. Seriously. Most crushes are really obvious. Hell, your protagonist could hear it through others, you can't keep secrets in Clans!

Seriously guys. Just keep your romances interesting.

Here's an unrelated picture of my cat, simply because this book needs more positivity, and she's so beautiful! Also because I needed this to have higher word count

Here's an unrelated picture of my cat, simply because this book needs more positivity, and she's so beautiful! Also because I needed this to have higher word count. I have no shame.