Unrealistic Names

Disclaimer: This chapter has been getting a lot of attention lately and I want to remind anyone reading of what I said in the beginning - this is an old book, most of it written in 2017/2018, and a lot of the opinions shared and general tone in the earlier chapters are outdated. There are updated versions of some of them, including this one. These days I don't even read fanfiction, let alone care what people name their ocs :)

Someone slit my throat and fling me into a volcano.

Have people who write with names like "Dragonblood" and "Angelwing" even read Warriors? Do they understand it at all?

Naming is a very important part of Clan culture. Using names of things that cats wouldn't know is completely disregarding that.

There are two types of naming for Warriors, traditional and non traditional. Edit: they're fanmade.
I would suggest you do your research on the different types of naming.

Cats are generally named after plants, animals, the weather... Just nature in general, things that feral cats would know about.

The names generally represent the character in two ways.

First is the prefix. In non traditional naming, it can be anything. In traditional naming, the cat is named after their appearance. Never their eyes, as kits don't open their eyes till three weeks after birth, and are all born with blue eyes anyway.

For example, a ginger tabby could be called 'Foxkit' because they are ginger, and the coloring of a fox is similar. They might be called 'Peachkit' because of similar coloring.

Suffixes are more personal. The cat now has a well developed personality, and they are named after this, or a cwrtain skill that they are known for. Foxpaw might have an excellent sense of smell, and be skilled in the area of tracking. Because if this, they could be called 'Foxnose'.
Pearkit could've grown up to be known for his energy and how hard he works, thus earning him the name 'Pearbee'.

Non traditional suffixes follow the same rules as traditional suffixes.

Now you can see why cats are named what they are, and how important it is to clan culture. After all, a name is something that is earned, it is a symbol of their place in the social hierarchy; a symbol of their status. Kits aim to be an apprentice, to be presented with the title 'paw.' Apprentices aim to be warriors, (or medicine cats) and receive their full name. 

Cats do not know what angels are. Nor dragons. And they generally won't know about gemstones! (Although there may be a few exceptions, but I doubt it.)

A few example of unrealistic names that I have seen are
1.) Dragonstar
2.) Glitchstar
3.) Watercup
4.) Gemheart
5.) Crystalfire
6.) Sapphirelight
7.) Stuffedtoysky
8.) Winterclaw
9.) Autumnleaf
10.) Icecreampaw

Cats don't know what a cup is. They don't know about gems, sapphires, or crystals. They don't know what a stuffed toy is. They don't know what glitched are, or winter, or autumn (or any other season in it's human name) and the definitely don't know what ice-cream is!

Warrior names are meant to be beautiful, and have meaning.
Names like Appledusk. Names like Deerleap, Ottersplash, and Crowfrost.

Not names like Pegasuswing and Summerfeather.

Most people, when they're younger, go through this phase. I once had two oc's, Honeyhope and Skyangel, which I didn't even create, I just found them on the internet and claimed them my own. God, I was a disgusting child. If you have any characters or oc's with names like these, change them!

These names are disgusting and disrespect warrior culture. They are annoying and they really grind my gears! It's not cool to be edgy with your 'Lostsoul' or your 'Darkmind' 

So stop. Educate yourself on Warrior naming. Change your unrealistic names.