Punishments

We're still on the bullying subject, everyone. This point is something pretty important, and thank you to horrordays- for pointing it out.

Bullies in Warriors fics rarely get punished for what they did.

Why is that?

In a Clan, it's very unlikely - fuck it, it's impossible to keep bullying a secret. Hell, it was mentioned in the books that it's impossible to keep a secret.

(@ anyone who mentions Leafpool and Squirrelflight - that whole thing was unrealistic as fuck. Cats would've known what a pregnant cat looks like, and would've been able to see that Leafpool is pregnant, and Squirrelflight is not. They've all seen plenty of pregnant queens before.)

Bullying would be noticed. I've seen countless fics where the main character is bullied, and it happens at camp. Seriously? If you were being bullied in your own fucking house, I'm pretty sure someone would notice.

Now, Clans aren't like the real world. Clans are basically one giant family. (Quite literally too - just ask ThunderClan) I've said before that bullying would be unlikely to occur in the first place, and that it would be noticed.

So what happens then? Well, punishment, of course! Hang on... that  never happens in fics, does it?

Why the fuck. Is this some useless attempt to make your characters more tragic? I'm pretty sure we can all agree that bullies do need some punishment. (Though, I sympathize with some, it depends on the motive, etc. If you just want to hurt - fuck you. If you don't like what you're doing but can't stop, then.. I don't know. I have conflicting opinions.I haven't been bullied, so i'm pretty clueless to what it feels like.)

The fact is, in fics, bullies are usually portrayed with one motive, one reasoning - to add tragedy to your protagonist's story. I'm fully ready to rant about this alone, but I think I already have, and that's not the point of this.

So since these bullies have no motive other than to hurt, they should be punished, right? Right.  So why doesn't it happen? In a Clan, someone would notice. And if they did, they'd usually talk to  the leader, and the leader would usually make sure that they talk to the bully, punish them, sort things out. 

It never happens just for the tragedy. It's frustrating, and seriously fanfic writers, step up your game! It adds some interest into the story, and some justice. 

Bully's who hurt for the sake of hurting need to be punished, they need to learn that their actions were wrong. Hell, get the medicine cat to give them a counselling session. Make sure they learn that what they did isn't okay, and why.

It's toxic thinking. If younger children read all these fics with bullying in it, and notice that no one ever gets punished, then it will start to normalize. It sounds dramatic, but really, kids can be easily influenced. I know I am.

It's better that way.