You aesthetic fuckers

Hey. I get that making your books aesthetic is pretty. There's nothing wrong with liking that. I do!

But some of you need to get it into your heads that this is primarily a book writing site. Not an aesthetic site. Having a pretty aesthetic doesn't make you a better writer. You spend more time on your aesthetic than your writing? This is the wrong site for you. Go to Pinterest or something.

It's so fucking annoying to see people getting heaps of followers and praise for their aesthetic, while I know plenty of amazing writers who don't get the same recognition. Because let's be real, this is a form of social media. Follows and recognition is important, no matter how much we say it doesn't to sound mature.

I understand you think all lowercase letters look pretty. But it looks so shitty in writing. Save that for your smb. Your characters names need to be capitalised. Places should be capitalised. The start of a sentence should be capitalised. I know you think your fonts look pretty, but they make your writing hard to read. They're off-putting. And for some of us poor bitches with androids, just an unreadable bunch of boxes. Save it for your bios. I clicked on your book to read it, not say "Wow, this is so pretty!"

Let me reiterate, there's nothing wrong with being aesthetic. There's nothing wrong with appreciating it. But this is a writing site. People are losing the point of this community. Wattpad isn't a one use site, but come on. If you're not gonna balance your aesthetic out with writing, then what's the point?

It frustrates me to no end seeing people be so praised over their aesthetic when they barely even write. Because no matter how pretty your graphics book is, it isn't real writing. Some people here are building their egos on how pretty their books and profiles are, some others are just feeding this. It's tiring. I just want some good fucking writing.

Have your aesthetic bios, have your aesthetic smbs, have your aesthetic graphics books. (hey. I know it takes effort to make pretty covers and be aesthetic. Please don't mistake this chapter with me saying y'all are lazy.)
I'm not one of those people who think fanfiction and original works should be the only books on wattpad. Go ham with art books, graphics, roleplay, games. But please, please, please, remember this is primarily a writing site. I come here to read, not see a bunch of boxes because you want to have a fancy font at the expense of your writing.

This isn't anti-aesthetic. I like aesthetics. I like pretty books. It's cool to see the effort some of you put into them. Buuuut it pisses me off when people turn this into an aesthetic site rather than a writing site. Just try to balance them, you know?