Love Triangles +

Oh for fuck's sake.
Why is this still a thing?

I have to admit, the Warriors fanfiction writers are pretty good with this; they usually don't do this.

But when they do, it makes me want to kill them with a pitchfork.

It's ridiculously overused.

"Oh no! I'm a beautiful silver tabby she-cat, and I'm in love with two toms! I love the friendly, loving tom in my Clan, but I love that handsome, dark tom from another Clan! Oh whatever shall I do?"

This is aLWAYS what it's like, and I can't even read that shit.

Honestly, the feelings our lovely silver tabby has for her "handsome, dark" tom is lust. Not love.

These are just so... Boring. There's no need whatsoever to include some boring ass love triangle that won't impact the general plot.

Here's looking at you, Dovewing.

If you want to include some love dramas, consider having a failed relationship.

Can you hear the sounds of those writers who never let anything bad happen to their character's crying?

Seriously, kids, your story doesn't have to end in love.

Okay but seriously. How unrealistic are love triangles anyway? If you can't choose one, then you don't love them enough anyway.

Next subject. The wonderful subject of romance.

It seems most fics include love, and there's nothing wrong with that! But your story doesn't have to end with romance.

Whilst shipping your characters is great fun, you don't need to have romance all the time. You can always have minor ships, but your main character doesn't have to be in a relationship to be valid.

In fact, let's talk about the magic of platonic relationships.

If you don't know what this means, it's a friendship.

This is so undervalued and has very little recognition. Platonic relationships are incredibly important, and are in no way less than a romantic one.

Now, I've never had a romantic relationship with anyone, so I can't speak from experience. But trust me on the fact that I would be lost without some certain platonic relationships.

My best friend is a guy. And no, people who can't accept that a guy and a girl can be just friends, we have never had any romantic feelings towards the other. (It does help that he's gay)

He is the opposite of me, and I can't really sum it up in words, but I honestly couldn't live without that guy.

That's just one example, but if you haven't been able to see, platonic relationships are is important.

Think about Firestar and Graystripe. Do you really think that Firestar would've been able to cope without Graystripe when he first joined the Clan? Their relationship was more important than people realize.

So put more effort in your platonic relationships than your romantic ones, and don't ever feel pressured to include romance.

Now, let's move onto the actual romance.

There is a lot of fics where it just happens. No development whatsoever. This is annoying as fuck. No relationship is ever love at first sight. Well that's my view on it. Sure, you might find someone attractive, but it sure as hell isn't love.

But one thing I find annoying is everyone's solution - friends before lovers. This is great, don't get me wrong, but it isn't the only thing you can do.

Enemies then lovers. Another somewhat cliché one.
Neutral acquaintances before lovers - Rarely seen. I'd love to see more.
Attraction- lovers. I'd like to see some relationships where someone is attracted to someone, and they become closer as they become friends.

Those are some things that I'd like to see.

Also, a wild idea, have your character already have a mate. What a strange concept!