13th Madness

***

New.

"Thanks. I'll send you the money once my account is okay," I said with composure as we headed out of the restaurant.

Not that I had enough confidence to face him, but rather, I had to fake one considering that Aniston was just walking beside Tay.

I just couldn't afford to lose face in front of her knowing that she could use this event as a way to humiliate me.

"It's fine, New. Consider it my treat."

"No. I want to repay you."

I swallowed dryly as I accidentally glanced at Aniston who had a brow raised.

"But it's quite a coincidence that you decided to have lunch at the same restaurant."

I faked a smile as I turned to Aniston while internally praying that she wouldn't get into my nerves that much.

I didn't wanna commit murder in the broad daylight.

"Why? Is anything wrong with it?"

"Nah, I'm just curious how we ended up at the same restaurant. You couldn't have followed us, right?"

I bit the insides of my cheeks as she let out a chuckle. One might think that she was just joking but I knew that she was definitely mocking me.

"Oh, come on. Of course, not. Why would I?"

I let out an equally fake laugh and lightly hit her on the shoulder causing her to stagger on her heels.

"New!"

I turned to look at Gun who was calling me from the car. Being the ultimate traitor that he was, he just sauntered out of the restaurant while Tay and I settled the bill.

Tss. Talk about loyalty.

"I've got to go. See you at the office," I told Tay before heading towards Gun.

I didn't even bother looking at Aniston because I didn't wanna ruin my day even more.

And see? Tay didn't even bother calling me babe in front of her! Ugh!

But why am I even irritated??

"What's with the long face?"

I glared at Gun who was furrowing his brows at me.

"So much for loyalty, huh? You even had the audacity to leave me there!" I hissed at him before getting inside the driver's seat.

And how I wished I could just leave him right there like the way he did to me.

"I have to take Off's call. We haven't seen each other for days. I just had to hear his voice."

"Oh, cut the crap. Can you all stop being so in love? It's so overrated."

I immediately started the car hoping we'd be able to follow Tay and Aniston because who knows where they'd be going to.