67th Madness

***

Tay.

"You're making me dizzy. Can you just sit down?"

I threw Off a glance before plopping down on his sofa. Across me was Gun who just gave me a reassuring nod.

"Seriously, what are you so worried about?"

I heaved a deep breath and grabbed the nearby throw pillow. The nagging feeling in my chest was still there as I recalled New's question last night which I unfortunately, failed to answer.

"My team is acting weird," New told me as we were having dinner.

"Why?" I asked, trying to sound as normal as I could despite the nervousness that was starting to bloom in my chest.

"We were having our usual team meeting earlier. Everything went smoothly but their statement kinda confused me."

"Wh-what was it?"

"They asked me if there was anything that I don't like about the preparations and even told me to change anything that isn't to my liking."

"They're just asking you as their team leader. I don't see anything wrong with that."

"But they said something else that confused me."

"Wh-what?"

"They said that you want the wedding to be perfect for me. I mean, did you really say that? We're not the ones getting married in the first place."

"Should I just fire the person who asked him that?" I glanced at Off but he just scowled at me.

"What did you tell New then?"

"I want everything to be perfect for our clients and of course for you since I know how dedicated you are to your work."

"You know what, Tay, you're a great businessman but you're not a great liar. And besides, what's with all this scheme? Why don't you just tell New everything?"

"Are you crazy? I already went this far and besides, I really want to surprise him."

"Pssh. You and your love for surprises."

"He even surprised New when he left without a word," Gun interrupted before letting out a laugh.

"Yaah, we're already over that phase."

"I know, I know. Just remember that if you ever leave New again, I'm gonna hunt and kill you in your sleep."

"Psh. As if that would happen again."

***

"Love?"

"Hmm?"

New didn't even spare me a glance and just continued folding our clothes that had been left unattended for a couple of days already as we were so busy with work.

"Which one do you think is nicer?" I scooted next to him on the sofa and showed him the pictures of suits on my tablet.

He furrowed his brows for a second but immediately pointed the dark blue suit.