52nd Madness

***

New.

Stretching my arms as widely as I could, I heaved a deep breath of the warm breeze coming from the sea.

Earlier, Kav insisted that we go somewhere that I like and so I told him I wanted to go to the beach.

I was feeling the heat of the sun against my face when I felt a presence beside me.

"Kav, thank you fo—"

I paused.

It was Tay.

"What?" I cocked a brow at him.

Yes, he tagged along and even insisted that we take his car, which we had no choice but to do so as Kav's car suddenly had deflated tires.

I eyed him once more but he just smiled at me before looking down at his feet.

"How have you been for the past two years?"

He caught me off guard with his question but I quickly hid the surprised look on my face and looked ahead.

"Why? Do you even care? I'm so much better when you weren't around. Did you really have to come back?" I scoffed, then later on regretted what I just said.

"New, to be honest, I—"

"New! I brought you some food."

We both looked at Kav who was happily waving at us. On his hand was a tray of food which he probably bought from one of the nearby stalls.

"Coming! Let's go. I'm hungry," I tapped Tay's arm before heading to where Kav was and munched on the food he brought.

"You both go back to the office tomorrow. And...take your time. I'll wait for you in the car," Tay flatly said before walking towards his car, not even sparing as a glance.

O..okay, what just happened to him?

I just shrugged at Kav who was looking at me like he was questioning me as well.

But deep inside, I felt guilty.

Kav and I did just what we were told and reported to the office the next day but Tay was nowhere in sight. In fact, he never came to the office for the rest of the week.

I was contemplating on knocking on his unit but ended up backtracking as I didn't know what to say to him.

And truth be told, I was starting to worry.

"Hey, you're spacing out. Helloooo. I'm getting married tomorrow, okay? So stop staring into nothingness and help me do my skincare."

I frowned at Gun who was meticulously putting some night cream on his face.

"Do you think he'll attend?" I asked mindlessly.

"Who?"

"N-nothing."

"Psh. It's Tay, right?"