20th Madness

***

New.

"Why?! Do you think you're the only one who feels that way?! I have liked you longer than you'll ever know, New Thitipoom! So stop being mad at me because the moment you accidentally bumped into me on the corridor when we were in 7th grade, you never left my mind, you dumbass!"

I immediately opened my eyes and locked gazes with Tay who was watching me intently.

My heart was pounding tremendously against my chest.

Did I hear him correctly?

Did he...

What did he just say?!

No.

It can't be.

Yeah.

I'm just hearing things.

I'm just drunk.

You know how you tend to make things up when you're drunk.

Yeah, I pretty much drunk a lot at the bar so I must be imagining things right now.

Yeah, I'm just imagining things.

"New, hey, say something."

I swallowed the lump in my throat as he reached out for my hand.

"I, I, my head hurts. I gotta go sleep."

I quickly headed inside the cabin and locked myself in the restroom.

I just couldn't face him after what I did!

I knew I had too much alcohol but what I did was still so embarrassing!

Shit!

How am I supposed to face him now?!

Gun calling...

"He-hello, Gun?"

"What the fuck, New. Where the hell are you? Tay's gonna kill me for losing sight of you!"

"I, I already went back. I, my head hurts."

"Seriously? You just had a glass of beer, New. You couldn't be drunk. Did something happen?"

"No-nothing. I just wanna sleep early. I got tired fro—"

"New! Open the door! We need to talk!"

I jolted as Tay started pounding on the door aggressively.

"Who is that, New? Is that Tay? Is everything okay?"

"I, I gotta go, Gun. I'm just fine. You don't have to worry. See you tomorrow."

"New! Hey, answer me! Are you okay?"

I took deep nervous breaths as I paced back and forth. I didn't wanna get out just yet or I would end up melting in utter shame.

He then became silent.

I tried listening to him by pressing my ear on the door but I couldn't hear anything from the outside.

"Did he leave? Ugh! Seriously, can I just switch rooms with Gun?!"

I was still deep in my thoughts as to how I can get out stealthily when I heard the sound of a key being inserted on the doorknob before the door flung open.

"New!"

I felt my heart pound faster the moment Tay grabbed me into a tight hug, his arms tightly wrapped around my waist as he inserted his head on the nook of my neck.