33rd Madness

***

Tay.

"Okay, let's take a break first before we continue. Amy, please check on the bride's next outfit then we'll continue after lunch."

I quickly flipped my phone to check on New as I was rather preoccupied with his condition earlier.

"Hey babe. Are you okay now? Do you want me to come and get you?"

"Just concentrate on your work there, babe. I'm fine. You don't have to worry about me."

"We're currently on lunch break. Where are you? Have you eaten already? Is Gun with you?"

I chuckled inwardly when I didn't hear anything from him.

"Babe, just answer me. Stop rolling your eyes."

I snickered when I heard him gasp on the other line. He isn't New if he's not rolling his eyes.

"I already know you too well. You're rolling your eyes at me."

"I've eaten already, babe. Just finish your work there so you can come home early, okay? I love you."

"I love you, my love," I said sweetly before ending the call. 

We still had around three looks and I was actually itching to finish the shoot already so I could go and see New. 

I was in the midst of checking the photos we took earlier when I received a message from Gun.

From: Gun

Tay, the Coffee Grounds. You might wanna come and save the love of your life from your bestie.

Gun's message made me furrow my brows as I clearly didn't understand what he meant. But the moment he sent me a photo of Namtan and New talking in what seemed to be a coffee shop, I immediately got up from my seat and handed the camera to Amy.

"Please call Singto. I need to go somewhere," I instructed not even letting Amy say a word and just left the location. 

It was a relief the coffee shop was not that far but the moderate traffic indeed hinder me from arriving earlier than the estimated time.

I was in the midst of calling New the moment I arrived at the parking lot when I heard Gun calling me.

"Hey, Tay!"

I instantaneously knew that New was inside the car Gun just came out from but even before I could take a step closer to them, New just drove out into the driveway, leaving me with Gun who was grumbling about his stolen car.

"What the hell?! Did your boyfriend just left me here using my own car?!" he gawked at me.

"Shit, Gun. What the hell happened?"

"I don't freaking know! He just started crying out of nowhere!"

"Come on, Gun. We gotta follow him!" I panicked as New was driving too fast that the tires were already screeching in the distance.

"Ugh! I swear! I'm gonna kill New once I get my hands on him."

"What did really happen, Gun? What were you two doing there?"

I noticed Gun pausing for a moment. It was as if he was contemplating if he should tell me what he knew or keep to himself.

"Gun," I called him out, my voice laced with warning.