66th Madness

***

New.

"Thank you for taking care of Nirin, New."

I smiled at Off who was carrying a sleeping Nirin in his arms. Beside him was Gun who was yawning continuously and could barely open his eyes.

"You could have just waited for tomorrow before getting her. You look exhausted."

"It's okay. We don't wanna cause you any more trouble. By the way, just pass my thanks to Tay."

"Sure. Take care on your way home."

"Thanks, New."

I was then left all alone when Off and Gun went on their way. The silence in Tay's room was deafening. My footsteps echoed as I moved my way towards his bedroom so I could cuddle the pillows that had remnants of his smell. It somehow comforted me but it was not enough.

I grabbed my phone from the bedside table to check if he had sent me any message and frowned when there was none.

"Is he that busy?" I grumbled as I dropped the phone on the bed and covered myself with the sheets.

It would have been better if Nirin was here. At least I'd have someone to direct my attention to as being alone in a place that screamed of Tay was just plain torture. Even the dust on his window sill reminded me of him.

I somehow drifted off to sleep and woke up to my phone ringing incessantly.

It was Tay.

"Tay?"

Hello. New.

"Are you on your way home?"

Love.

"Hey, are you okay? You sound...serious."

I...I actually had something to tell you.

"What is it? Is something wrong?"

Are you in my unit right now?

"Does it matter where I am right now? Is everything okay? Come on, Tay you're scaring me. Where are you right now? I'm coming to you."

Just answer my question, New. You're in my unit right now, right?

"Yes. Specifically, I'm in your room right now. So can you tell me where you are. You're making me worried."

Can you look out of the window first?

"What is it right now, Tay? Where the hell are you?"

Just, just do what I tell you, babe. Please?

I rolled my eyes in frustration but still did what he told and aggressively pulled the curtains sideways so I could look whatever he was telling me to look out of the window.

"Okay? What now? Do I just stand here and watch the buildings from here??" I asked, my voice laced with sarcasm as the tension was starting to build up in my chest. He sounded so serious that I started to think of negative thoughts. What if he would leave again like what happened years ago? 

It's not that I doubted him but the tone of his voice somehow reminded me of what happened when he left without even telling me.

Tay didn't say anything making me even worried. "Tay? Tay? Where the hell are you? Don't make me--"

I was about to head for the door when his voice stopped me on my tracks.

Look out of the window, love.

Still confused with his fuss about the window, I still obliged as it seemed that it was the only way for him to tell me his whereabouts.

But what I saw on the building across ours was something that made me feel emotions that I never knew existed.