69th Madness

***

New.

"Okay, wait. So you mean to say they decided to push the wedding in two days? Without even telling me??" I raged over the phone as the team informed me of our client's sudden decision to move the wedding to an earlier date.

"That can't be. We still have a week. And besides we still have to go through everything. The fresh flowers we ordered would take four days to arrive."

I frustratingly ran a hand through my hair. Though everything was ready, we still had a few things to consider and some supplies would be delivered a day before the original date of the wedding.

"But they say that this is urgent, New, since they will be going out of the country the next day. They've already booked their flight."

"Don't they know that a rebooking actually exists?? And why on earth did they book a flight for that date??"

I took several breaths to calm myself down.

"Okay, fine. Fine. Just go over everything that we still have to prepare. I'll try to talk to the flower company if they can do something about this. I'll be in the office in an hour."

I immediately ended the call and poured myself a glass of water. I'm used to clients changing something in the last minute but never have I encountered this type of problem.

"Hey, are you okay?" Tay asked as he cupped my cheeks.

"Loove, why didn't you tell me the client's wanted to move their wedding?"

"I, I was about to tell you actually but I got occupied with something. I'm sorry, love."

"It's, it's okay. I'm just kinda worried that things might not go as planned."

"Hey, don't stress it out. I'm pretty sure everything's gonna be okay. And besides, you said you only have a few things to go over, right?"

"That's what I'm worrying about. The flowers will be delivered in four days and the wedding they want will be in two days. We still have to move the date for the venue of the reception, and the caterers, the de—"

"Love, come here," Tay dragged me towards the sofa and made me sit on his lap.

"Don't worry about it, okay? I'll try to talk to the flower company and see if they can rush the order. And don't worry about the catering service and the venue. I'll handle everything," he reassured as he held my hand.

"When are we planning about our wedding anyway?" I asked hesitantly.

I could feel Tay stiffen before he let out a smile. "Right after this project, okay? So we can both focus on ours."

I watched his hand as he played with the ring in my finger.

"Is there anything you want to happen in our wedding?"

I shook my head. "Just a simple ceremony will suffice."

"Why? You don't want that dream wedding anymore?"

"Psh! Well, apparently, someone else will be using that plan," I frowned as I remembered how my plan was accidentally submitted. "If you just let me retrieve my submission, we would have been the ones using that."