47th Madness

***

New.

"I got worried when you didn't show up at work. It's the first time you're absent so I thought something happened to you," Kav explained as soon as I let him in.

"I'm just fine. You should have just called. I just got tired from the expo so Tay, I mean Mr Vihokratana gave me a day off."

"That's great to hear then. At least you get to rest. Anyway, I brought some ingredients since you liked my cooking before."

I gave him a faint smile and just observed as he started unpacking the groceries. I was grateful for Kav's care towards me but his timing was definitely not that great.

"New, can you help me peel the carrots?"

I reluctantly looked at him and then at the door, still bothered by how Tay didn't manage to send me a single message.

"Uh, okay," I obliged as I would only raise suspicion if I refused to do so.

But all the while I was peeling, all I could ever think of were random imaginations of what was happening next door.

Since there was nothing I could do at the moment but help Kav in the kitchen, I just shook off the thought of Tay being inside the same space as Namtan and just concentrated on the tasks Kav was giving me.

Kav was in the midst of transferring some soup to a small bowl when I offered to do it for him.

"Come on, Kav. This is the only thing I could do to help."

"Hey, you helped me in preparing the ingredients. So just sit there and let me serve the food to you."

"No, Kav. Just let me do this. Come on. Give me that one," I insisted as I grabbed the bowl from him, but I might have miscalculated my force as the contents of the bowl spilled and splashed on Kav.

"Oh, shit! It's hot!" Kav panicked as he took his shirt off.

"Oh my god! I'm so sorry!" I panicked as well as I saw his stomach reddening from the burn.

But the worst thing was the soup spilled on his pants as well so I had no choice but to grab his belt and unbuckle it.

"What are you doing??!" Kav asked in surprise but I absolutely had no time to answer his question as the thought of him burning his legs frightened me.

Ugh! I should have just sat down and waited for him!

"Wait! Wait! New!"

"You're gonna burn your legs as well! Come on. We gotta remove your pants."

"But wai-"

"YAH!"

Kav and I flinched when a thunderous voice clapped in the area and came in the view was Tay who was fuming. His face was red and he had a finger pointing at Kav.

"What the hell is this??" he asked as he approached us and grabbed me from Kav.

"Tay, what are you doing here? And can you let me go?? I need to remove Kav's pants!"