39th Madness

***

New.

I had no idea how the lizard got inside my room but it was all I ever stared at as I stayed unmoving in my bed.

It has been two days since I last saw Tay and since I called in sick at work.

I just couldn't face him, not after what happened at the restaurant.

Okay, let's just say he has his reason. But the fact that he kept me waiting just didn't sit right with me. And now, that he's back, he has the guts to order me to listen to him?? How dare he.

Tss. I'd rather rot in my room than listen to his lies.

I rolled over to the other side of the bed and grabbed my phone.

16 missed calls.

All from Kav.

But amongst the messages I received was a message that got me rolling my eyes.

Don't forget the wedding expo that we have to attend tomorrow.

Tss.

I just ignored his message and rolled back to bed. The pendant bearing his name felt cold against my skin as I reached out to remove it.

"Tawan Vihokratana. Asshole."

***

I could feel my insides shaking as I listened to his every word. A part of me wanted to believe him, but a greater part of my mind told me not to.

Not after everything that happened.

I instinctively grasped the pendant of the necklace I decided to wear this morning on utter whim as a part of me was longing for the feeling of it hanging around my neck.

However, I didn't expect him to still see it though I carefully hid it underneath my shirt.

"New, please just hear me out. I can explain. I will explain. Just give me the chance to do so."

The lump in my throat made it hard to speak, but I still managed to despite the undeniable crack in my voice.

"Save your explanation to yourself, Mr Vihokratana. I don't need it."

I took a step forward, ready to leave him, but he swiftly caught my arm and held it tightly.

"New! Tss. I've been looking around for you. Oh, I thought you already left Mr Vihokratana."

I felt Tay's grip loosening as Kav approached us and I'd never been this thankful for Kav's appearance.

"I already got us cab. Uh, shall we?"

I turned around to face Tay and gave him the fakest smile I could ever muster.

"Thank you for the dinner, Mr Vihokratana. Don't worry. I'll work on the report you just assigned me. We'll go ahead," I uttered before turning to Kav, "Let's go...please."