16th Madness

***

New.

"Hey! Where are you?! Don't tell me you're still on your bed?"

I groaned inwardly as Gun ranted on the other line. He's been bugging me for five minutes straight that I couldn't even focus on grabbing the things that I must bring, not to add the fact that I couldn't seem to find my car key.

"I'm on my way. What are you so anxious about? The team can leave without me anyway."

"No.  I have to see you driving next to the bus. You just can't pull yet another trick like you did last time, New."

I rolled my eyes at the wall, imagining that it was Gun as he reminded me of how I tried to avoid the company outing last time.

It's not that I didn't want their company but I would definitely want to spend my free time alone than be surrounded by people whom I literally see every single day.

And besides, there's just so comforting about being alone that I couldn't explain.

"Okay, okay. I'm coming, I swear. I just had to look for my key. Where the hell did I put it?"

"Oh, just ride with Tay then! Are you gonna flip your unit over just to look for it? Come on!"

As if on cue, the front door rang and I might have to kick Gun in the gut for suggesting that idea to me because there stood in front of the door was Tay Tawan.

"Hey. You're still there?"

"Are you ready?"

I swallowed nervously as Tay dropped the question despite me not being able to fully comprehend it.

And how could I?

Not when he was standing in front of me with his blue denim jacket on and with his hair tousled in a messy way like he just ran his hands through it several times.

And I might just have to compliment how good he looked with his stud on his right ear.

And did I tell you he smelled so good?

Like the kind of scent you get at the start of the day when the leaves are drowned in morning dew and the flowers start to blossom under the sunlight. He smelled like the summer and spring combined.

"New?"

"Huh?"

I came out of my trance when he snapped his fingers in front of me before fixing the sleeve of my rainbow-colored shirt.

"Are you still not done? We have to leave already."

"I, my car key is missing. I'm still looking for it."

"Just ride with me. You're only gonna waste time looking for it."

"But—"

"Come on. We need to hurry."

"Okay, fine. I'll just get my things."

"You better hurry, you two. Because I'm not letting this bus leave without you following it."

"You didn't hung up?!"

Did he just listen to our conversation?!

"Why would I? Anyway, you sound like a newly married couple. Okay, see you later!"

"Whatever, Gun. I gotta go."

I immediately grabbed my things and hurried over to the front door.

"Let's go," I told him as I closed the door and headed towards the elevator.