23rd Madness

***

Tay.

I couldn't even remember when was the last time I courted someone.

Was it in elementary?

Or in high school?

Nah. It couldn't be.

I was all over New that I didn't even bother looking at others.

I admit.

I had a couple of flings when I studied college in the US, but none of them started off officially.

I'd go out with random girls and guys I met at the bar but every time we do something more than just drinking, New's smiling face would eventually pop into my mind, like it was reminding me to stay faithful to my love for him.

There were times when I seriously wanted to get over him and just forget my unrequited love but every time I tried to do so, I felt guilty.

Like something within me is telling me that my love for him is not that shallow to be given up easily.

I nervously adjusted the sleeves of my dress shirt before knocking on New's door.

"Good morning!" I greeted as I held out the bouquet of white roses I had delivered early this morning.

"G-good morning."

I hid a smile as he timidly received the flowers.

He smelled extra sweet and his hair was neatly combed.

I also caught him stealthily smelling the roses.

He couldn't be waiting for me? Right?

"Uh, have you had breakfast? I, I kinda cooked so much. I uh, I can't finish all of them."

I bit the insides of my cheeks to hide the smile that was slowly creeping on my lips.

Psh.

He could have just invited me for breakfast like he always does. He doesn't have to make excuses.

"Sure. I'm actually starving."

I immediately followed him inside and was quite surprised with the amount of food he prepared. He has even set the table for two.

"Uh, thanks for the flowers. You don't really have to..."

"It's not even half of the things I'm willing to give to you, New."

"Psh. Just, just eat."

"By the way, the school's charity event is this Saturday. Are you coming?"

I saw him still before clearing his throat.

Wait.

Don't tell me he has no plans of attending the event? Because if he won't, what's the point of me coming over?

"I, yeah. I'm coming. I already promised Mond."

Tss. There goes that name again.