37th Madness

***

New.

"Are you fucking kidding me?"

I instinctively rolled my eyes at Gun who was dramatically flailing his arms as he walked back and forth the room.

"You just can't ditch on me on my wedding day just because your ex-boyfriend is back!"

I winced as he mentioned the word ex-boyfriend. The word itself was enough to make me sadder than I already was.

"Gun, I'm not ditching on you. It's just that I don't think I'll be able to see him again."

"That's basically the same thing! Oh come on, New. You know how important my wedding is to me. I've been planning these for years and even had a lot of setbacks. And now that it's happening next week, you're here telling me that you don't feel like attending?"

I heaved a deep sigh as I looked at Gun who was already about to cry and I felt sorry.

Their wedding was supposed to happen last year but because of Off's work they had to postpone it several times, especially after Off got into an accident after winning a case.

Gun was devastated back then that I couldn't talk to him properly for weeks as Off fell into a coma. It was then that I witnessed how in love with Off was Gun. He wouldn't even get home because he wanted Off to see him first when he woke up. The nurses even had to give him sleeping pills as he would stay up all night to watch Off.

"Okay fine! If you're not attending my wedding then I'll completely cut ties with you!" he exclaimed before storming towards his room and shutting the door.

I felt incredibly guilty but the scene that happened earlier just got me all confused and angry that I don't think I'd be able to see him again without throwing a fit.

And I hated how he could affect me so much that I couldn't stop myself from crying whenever I remember what happened this morning.

***

"Good morning, Mr. Thitipoom."

I bit the insides of my cheeks as I tried to maintain my balance because I could feel my knees weakening at the mere sight of him.

"Good morning, Sir," I lowly replied after clearing my throat.

I hate to admit but he just got even more handsome and leaner this time. His side swept hair made him look even more gorgeous while he was donned in a dark blue suit.

I saw a slight smile crept up his cheeks but it immediately faded as he grabbed a white envelope and opened it.

I wanted to lash out at him, ask him what really happened, and why he didn't keep his promise but all my words got stuck in my throat the moment I saw the silver band in his finger.

"I looked into your profile and saw that you worked somewhere else before working here. Why did you transfer though?"

Because of you.

I tried so hard not to drop a tear as I kept on staring at his ring.

"Just want a change of environment, Sir," I monotonously replied while keeping a straight face.

One thing I hated so much about our encounter was the fact that he acted like everything was normal, like he didn't disappear for two years, like he didn't even know me.

Silence ensued.

I could feel his intense stares at me so I busied myself by looking at the interior of the office while trying so hard not to shed a tear.