Chapter-28

Chapter dedicated to ShreyaDash7. Thank you from bottom of my heart for your constant support.

Enjoy reading

Abhi's past

Author's POV

"Samhith Nandhan, my best friend since childhood" said Abhi and took a sip as a tear already escaped his eyes.

"I and Samhith are bestfriends since childhood. Later, Rishi and Anish joined us when we in kindergarten and Anika became friend of us in Engineering. We 5 were most famous in college either it's in studies or sports or any other field" he said smiling remembering his college days

"Samhith's mom and dad, Vaibhav uncle and Prerna aunty are like my own parents. Vaibhav uncle is my mentor and a godfather to me. Vaibhav uncle came from a super rich family, he was thrown out of the house at the age of 21 falsely accusing that he sold his father's company secrets to their rivals, Kashyap's and they went under bankrupt. Uncle furiously left from there not caring to look back even once. Aunty being a perfect soulmate for him, followed him"

"With the help of my father he found a home to live. Aunty kept all her properties which are given to her as dowry, at finance agency and helped uncle to start up his own firm. Aunty and Uncle together started their own firm without taking anyone's help, not even my father's. Soon Aunty gave birth to Samhith Nandhan, my bestfriend. Till Sam's birth their company was running with ups and downs but after his birth their company stood in top ten companies of our country. As he grew up, their company too grew up in business world and at when he was 10, his company stood in top place in Asia. But in the process of proving his worth to his father and building up his empire Vaibhav uncle and Prerna aunty forgot to shower love towards Samhith. He never had anyone to praise him when he stood first in academics, he never had anyone to scold him when he did anything mischevious, he never had anyone to support him in his hard times, uncle-aunty never even visited his parent teacher meetings. My mother became his mom but no can replace their own mother's place. Can they? Understanding his parents busy schedule, he started searching for love in my parents, in his friends, teachers, anyone but his own parents" said Abhi and sighed taking a sip from his bottle.

"Then, Anjana entered our lives in engineering 1st year. She was Anika's room mate. She used to hang out with us and became close friend of Samhith. He didn't love her then but was very close to her and he started sharing everything to her. She took advantage of his condition and started showering her fake love for his money. I, Anish, Rishi and Anika observed him developing feelings for her. He used to be very happy with Anjana, he used to laugh wholeheartedly, he used to smile genuinely, so we never doubted Anjana's intentions and let him be close with her. One day she proposed Samhith but he rejected her politely as his past girlfriends were only behind his money but she pretended that she love him very much, can't live without him and many more things, finally Samhith started falling for her but didn't tell her about his feelings. At the end of the 1st year I was given a chance to work with seniors in a project and I was at college itself one evening whereas my friends went back to hostel. After completing my work, I was going back to hostel, I saw Anjana kissing one of my senior at washroom. They both were intensely making out that she didn't acknowledge my presence untill I called out her name loudly. She pushed that man away and came to me running saying it happened at the heat of moment and many more shitty talks. She pleaded me not to tell Samhith about this and I didn't, not because she pleaded me but my friend who love her will be heartbroken. She pleaded me in many ways to forgive her for almost 4 months but I didn't budge. I was protecting Samhith not to grow his feelings for Anjana more" he said and looked up at sky chuckling humourlessly.