Meeting of Menace and Heart Break

Ryuko slipped out of the girls dorm, almost completely undetected. She had been seen by some girls that were being lead by another girl with a fan. The girl with the fan apparently was also trying to go undetected, so they made a truce to ignore each other and go on with their buisness.

"That was a strange negotiation." A voice said from the darkness. "If only every confrontation were so simple. Wars would be over in seconds, children could live well, maybe politicians might all have clean reputations. Sadly, no matter where you are, there is corruption, I have seen it myself."

Ryuko looked around, searching in the shadows for the random voice. "Where are you?"

A girl jumped from a nearby tree. She crouched on the ground and smiled at Ryuko, it wasn't a friendly smile, but it wasn't a hateful smile either. Her smile was almost psychotic. The girl bowed, never taking her eyes off of Ryuko. She had blue hair, red eyes, and was dressed in a black leather jacket with white jeans. "So, you're number one. I thought you'd be taller, older, prettier, more menacing and just a tad bit more peppy."

"Number one?" Ryuko asked, ignoring the other comments.

"Aw. I didn't get a reaction. Welp. I guess that is Ryuko Matoi for you." She laughed to herself, like it was a joke between friends.

"Who are you? Wait. Better yet. Answer my questions already!" Ryuko was becoming annoyed at the new girl she just met.

She frowned, looking dejected. "You're no fun...I don't think I need to tell you if your going to be so mean to me."

Ryuko sighed, "I'm sorry, now will you tell me who you are and why you're here?"

The girl stood straight up and grabbed Ryuko in a hug, knocking the air out of her. "My name is Quell, I don't have a last name. I didn't have a first name either, until I met Artemis, she is my best friend, even though she tries to kill me whenever I see her."

Ryuko's head was spinning, trying to comprehend the nonsense coming from Quell's mouth. "Stop!"

Quell was silenced as she let go of Ryuko.

"Can you tell me why you have been watching me?" Ryuko asked angrily.

"I am a dimension jumper, there are only a few of us in the world, or the multiverse. I think there is another one out there, but our main job is to stop other things from jumping the dimensions and causing a raucous in other dimensions. I have been tracking them and I stumbled upon something that had managed to jump, but the occurrences still kept, well, occurring. I followed them and came to this one and found you, but you don't smell like a dimension jumper." Quell babbled, not taking a single breath.

Ryuko looked at Quell, exasperated from just watching her talk. "Wait wait wait. Who is this other person you found?"

Quell shook her head. "He said he would rather not talk to you. Wait. He didn't say anything. I should stop talking about what I'm hearing, now. Wait. Ooooh! Woopsy sorry."

Ryuko grabbed Quell by her collar and drew her face close to her's. "Who the hell are you talking to?"

Quell shook her head and, just disappeared from Ryuko's grasp. Ryuko cursed and searched the area for the annoying girl.

"I'm right here!" Quell said from behind Ryuko. "This is why you can't capture a Jumper. They tend to move out of a dimension for a brief period of time and then reappear near the place they were supposedly captured."

Ryuko groaned and tried to punch Quell in the face, but was blocked by a fun house mirror. "The hell!?"

"Oh, Jumpers don't only jump, they have one other special power. Mine, is Fun House. I can make images and mirrors and anything that is from a circus! Oooooh! I know! How about I get you a roller coaster too! I love to use it to torture people!"

"Who said anything about torture?" A familiar voice said from the shadows behind Ryuko. "Wait, I didn't mean to talk."

Ryuko stood perfectly still, not trusting her hearing. It's payback for what you said to Mikoto and her friends earlier. They know what makes you cry, and they are just trying to hurt you for what you said. Ryuko nodded, trying to make herself believe what nonsense was in her head.

"Maybe if you hide, she won't notice you." Quell whispered across the yard.

"I think it's too late for that. Ryuko. Turn around." The voice ordered. Ryuko refused. "MATOI! Turn around. Now!"

Ryuko slowly spun on her heel, keeping her eyes shut, afraid of what she might see, afraid of the pain that would be brought onto her if she saw who it was.

"Open your eyes." The voice whispered gently.

Ryuko was shocked by how quiet the voice had gotten, causing her to open her eyes. What she saw, caused her to give a frightened squeak. "S-"

"Ryuko, I don't want to talk to you." Senketsu said. "You have a new uniform, I told you you already out grew your sailor uniform, do you not remember?"

Ryuko shook her head vigorously. "Senketsu! I-"

"I said, I don't want to speak with you. I tried to leave you, with a clean break, not make it worse by you seeing me and then searching for me."

"I let him watch one of this dimension's movies, he has been stealing lines from it for a while now." Quell chimed in.

"Quell, I think we are done here." Senketsu said as Quell disappeared and reappeared right next to Senketsu. "Matoi, forget about me."

"Senketsu!" Ryuko shouted as he and Quell disappeared. She fell to her knees, feeling the pain of losing Senketsu like it was just yesterday.