District 1 And A Secret Lab

A loud scream pierced the air, causing Mikoto to stop ushering the crowd on. She grabbed a middle aged man and asked him to continue ushering the people on.

Mikoto searched for the source of the noise, finding a less crowded area, where she found Quell, laying on the ground in a pool of blood.

"Squirrel!" Mikoto yelled, kneeling next to the injured girl.

"Damn it! *cough* Why is it people in this *cough* dimension always get names wrong?" Quell mumbled weakly as she coughed up blood.

"Are you going to be ok?" Mikoto asked as she looked at the white t-shirt that she had not been wearing earlier. "Wha-"

Mikoto was suddenly cut off by a large object hitting the back of her head. Before she had been completely knocked out, however, Mikoto had noticed a pair of particularly shiny black shoes.
_______________________________

"Ryuko! Damnit! She is such a bum!" A female voice carried through the darkness in Ryuko's vision.

"Ugh...Satsukiii!" Ryuko made fists and began to punch wildly in the air, connecting with a very solid object. A few seconds later, something fell on top of Ryuko, making her eyes fly open and thoroughly waking her up. She looked down to find that Dark Matter had fallen on top of her, grabbing his knee in pain.

"Why!?" He said as he tried to stand up, falling back down onto Ryuko. "You freaking broke my leg!"

Ryuko blushed furiously, feeling guilty for injuring the level 5. "Sorry."

"Ksh!" Accelerator grumbled. "I ain't carrying the jerk. You're the one who broke his leg."

Ryuko sighed and wrapped her arm under Dark Matter, helping him stand. When Ryuko had stood completely straight, she got her first good look of what was around the pit they had fallen in.

The group had been surrounded by what looked like spider webs, but they were black and more like thread than webs. The webs hung from wires and a giant metal computer, leading Ryuko to believe that they were in a lab of some kind.

"This is erie..." Misaki said.

There was a shuffling in the darkness. Ryuko wanted to fight, but couldn't while she was supporting Dark Matter.

The group backed up, back to back as the shuffling grew louder and louder. Then, silence. The group didn't so much as breath as they waited for an attack from the darkness.

Ssssssss. A long slithering sound could be heard as sparks flew from the darkness, illuminating a long black thread that slithered on the ground like a snake.

A demonic shriek pieced the silence as the threads began to wrap around each of the four.

Ryuko screamed as the threads burned her skin. She tried to rip them off of her, but the ones that had been torn off were replaced with more and more. Ryuko's vision swam from the pain that she received from the assailants. She listened to the efforts to fight back the threads as each of the espers were taken down.

The lights turned on as Ryuko completely blacked out.

"That was easier than expected." An old man in a lab coat said as he watched the four people become incapacitated. He began walking towards the group, while the threads backed away from the old man, allowing him to pass. He reached down and pulled Ryuko's chin up to examine her face. "I thought that a girl with such a high durability would at least have lasted longer."