Part 38

As you laid in your bed the next morning, you hit the snooze on your alarm for what must have been the 10th time already.

With what was becoming a bit of a self-torturing ritual, last night before falling asleep, you opened up your LINE account on your phone to relive the last moments of contact you had with your masked 'Genius'.

But this time, everything was different. 

As you scrolled down to find his conversation tab, your heart dropped to a new level of hopelessness.

The conversation itself was still there, but his account had seemingly vanished.

Where his name was once written as "Yoongi", an "Empty chat" title replaced it.

Your heart raced as you clicked into his conversation and immediately tried to visit his profile page, but the link was now broken.

Whether he deleted his account entirely or just blocked you, you weren't sure, but one thing was certain.

Your only method to communicate with him was now completely severed, and he most likely or most definitely wasn't coming back.

A sickening feeling consumed your stomach for the remainder of the night, so much so that you couldn't remember when it was that you finally fell asleep.

But after a struggle of repeated nightmares, you almost wished you hadn't slept at all.

In between your broken sleep, your masked 'Genius' had managed to invade all of your dreams, sending out taunting reminders about just how pathetically alone you would be as soon as you woke up.

And he wasn't wrong..

There you laid in your otherwise empty apartment, with both of the guys that were once foolish enough to show any interest in you seemingly out of the picture now.

You knew that if you were to string Taemin along any further, you would have been nothing less than a complete monster, and the only right thing to do was to be honest about how you truly felt. 

He really was such a perfect guy and he deserved so much more than you.

Taemin was even nice enough to message you yesterday afternoon once he got home, to reassure you that he still had a great time with you, and that you should plan your next day out together again, as friends. 

Sigh.

But even if letting Taemin go was entirely your choice, it didn't make you feel any less alone or less of a screw up.

Because we all need to feel a little loved sometimes.

Ugh.

As your snooze alarm rang out harshly once more, you swallowed the lump that was forming in your throat and reluctantly got out of bed.

I can already tell that today is going to drag..

You knew it would be practically impossible to see your masked 'Genius' at the café now, given his apparent ghosting and dropping off the planet entirely, so trying to look nice today just seemed like a total waste of time and effort.

But what exactly could be the takeaway from all of this?

That you shouldn't put all of your eggs into one basket and not live every second of your days forming all of your choices entirely around impressing someone else?

While you're at it, maybe you ought to be a little more healthier and kinder to yourself, and try to be more independently minded...

Maybe then you wouldn't get so hurt and become so self-destructive.