Part 14

You woke up this Monday morning to the sound of your 5 am alarm throbbing painfully into your ears. 

Your reactions were abnormally delayed in switching the sound to snooze, your head feeling like it was about to explode from the sudden noise invasion. 

As you tried to sit yourself up in bed, your weak body gave out and collapsed down to the pillowy goodness once more. 

It was at that moment you realized that your throat felt raw, almost like someone had shoved a white hot branding iron down it.

Crap.

Don't tell me I've got myself sick...

All of these late nights have finally paid their toll on your body and there was absolutely no way you could go to work in this condition. 

Reaching out for your phone which you carelessly tossed away only moments before, you unlocked it and began dialing Ji-eun's number, internally crying over how even the smallest movements put your entire body in agony. 

"Hello?"

Your best friend answered the phone only a few seconds later, sounding awake and cheery as if morning time wasn't actually Satan's cruel joke on the world.

You opened your mouth and tried to speak, but the only sound that left was a gurgling groan.

Coughing wildly in the hopes that it might clear your congested throat, you tried your hardest to force the words from your mouth for your second try. 

"Dude, I feel like sh*t-" 

"Oh jeez girl, you sound terrible!" she responded through the phone at the sound of your horse voice. "You'd better take today off!" 

"Yeah... but what about the new starter?-"

"Girl, don't worry. I'll handle it and let you know how everything goes. Now go back to bed and get some rest!"

"Fineee. Thanks girl."

A beeping tone played through the phone suggesting that Ji-eun had already hung up and you were relieved that the call had ended just about as fast as it began. 

Throwing your phone back down to the end of the bed with your last remaining bit of energy, you slumped back into your pillow and began drifting out of consciousness. 

Mondays are the worst...

-

It felt like your eyes had only been shut for a few minutes when you were rudely awoken by the blaring nose of your phone once more. 

Holy sh*t

I could have sworn I switched my alarm off!

Mentally cursing as you tried rummaging through your sheets to find your phone, you soon realized that it wasn't your alarm. 

Someone was trying to call you and it was now 7:50 in the morning. 

Was I really asleep for 2 hours?

Opening up your phone, you scrolled down to the number of missed calls from Ji-eun in the past few minutes and jumped at the sudden notification of a new message. 

-

[07:44] Jimin's Hoe💋 : Girl wake up!

[07:51] Jimin's Hoe💋 : Answer your phone! 

[07:51] Jimin's Hoe💋 : It's an emergency!!! 💀💀💀

[07:52] Mic Drop💜:
I'm up! I'm up!