Part 13

The weekend finally rolled around. 

Saturday.

My day off.

Thank god...

After the odd exchange with your 'Genius' the day before, your emotions were totally conflicted throughout the rest of your shift. 

And for some whack reason you weren't able to wipe the pathetic smile off your face...

But why?

Because he called you pretty?

Because you could feel yourself getting closer to him?

I really am basic as f**k , huh?

After all, he did bring his friend into the cafe for the very first time. 

That must mean something, right?

Or was it just to make more of a spectacle out of you?

You couldn't help but feel simultaneously annoyed at the situation. Like how he's always there to catch you just as you're about to do something stupid. 

Was it your fault or his that everything turned out as humiliating as it did for you?

Clearly you're just an idiot...

And clearly he relishes in witnessing your embarrassed state. 

All of it was too much for your simple brain to wrap around and you quickly conceded, taking Ji-euns advice to enjoy your weekend off.

Your best friend suggested the pair of you go shopping today. A little retail therapy and distraction never harmed anyone, right?

Although you weren't sure if this would be the best distraction. 

Watching Ji-eun try on dress after dress could almost be seen as a new torture method. 

The Middle Ages seriously missed out...

In the walk in between another outlet shop, you pulled your phone out of your pocket to see if you'd received any new messages since the last time you checked, 

Which was literally only 5 minutes ago.

-

[0 unread messages]

-

Of course. 

Why is it always when I'm waiting for something that it never comes?

Closing your phone, you looked up to find Ji-eun now standing in front of you with a questioning look. 

"Girl, what are you doing?" she asked, eyeing at the phone in your hands. 

"Nothin-"

"Don't tell me you're texting your lover-boy instead of helping me find the perfect dress!" she whined teasingly. "You haven't taken your eye off that damn phone all day!"

"I wasn't texting him," you answered honestly, your shoulders slunking down in slight disappointment. 

"Ohh.. I see whats happening!" she piped back up. "You're hoping that if you stare at your phone long enough he'll magically decide to message you, right? Come on girl, you're better than that!"

Damn, her best friend telepathy is strong...

"Now lets go! Today was meant to be a fun distraction for both of us!" she said trying to pull you out of your troubled thoughts.