Part 27

-

[07:42] 🔥Yoongi: If it weren't for you flipping me off, I just might be tempted to fly back to Korea and take you out on a date.

-

Well sh*t.

You had to give your brain a minute to process what he had actually said, while you stood staring blankly at your phone screen.

Date..?

Up until now, your mind hadn't even thought that far ahead.

That is, about what it could mean to actually go on a date with him.

It was still such an abstract concept to you.

So. Far. Away. 

It felt like your mind was on the verge of shutting down completely, but before your last brain-cell was about to die, your phone vibrated once again in your hand.

-

[07:44] 🔥Yoongi: What's the matter, Yoongi's girl? Cat's got your tongue? 😉

[07:45] 🔥Yoongi: I need to get back to work now anyways. I'll talk to you later.

-

Letting out a deep sigh, you felt both frustrated and thankful that you weren't given the opportunity to reply to his text.

At least when the morning rush of customers came, it offered your run-down mind a short break, the rest of your body taking over as you mass-produced cups of coffee on auto-pilot.

By the time it finally calmed down, your frazzled head hadn't even noticed that Hana had been here all morning, manning the other coffee machine right beside you.

Her look of total apprehension suggested she had already picked up that something wasn't quite right, but was maybe a little afraid to ask, until she finally succumbed to the blank stare you were sending her for the last three minutes.

"Uh- Morning unnie, is everything okay?" she stuttered out with a concerned voice, her slightly toned down and new demeanor almost making you appreciate her getting clocked in the face. 

"I don't know-"

"It's nothing, she's just in over her head with boys," Ji-eun blurted out in a half-joking fashion to try and lighten the mood. "Stop worrying so much and just follow your instincts. They're usually right."

"Hmm. It'd be so nice if he just let me know when he was coming back, so then I wouldn't be holding my breath for nothing..." you whispered out defeatedly.

"Girl. Boy's are f*cked! We already knew that and yet we're all still attracted to them." Ji-eun sighed, hopelessly throwing her hands up in frustration. "But no matter what happens, we're still here and we can work through it together."

The only thing you could do was nod in agreement as you picked up a stack of napkins to fold, feeling too defeated to actually respond with words. 

Why did Mr.742 have to become such a necessary presence in my life?

Ugh...

Does he really want to date... me?

As if right on queue, the stereo changed tracks, playing 'Black Swan' by BTS to perfectly capture your heavy mood.

You couldn't help but submit to the empty feeling that was washing over you, as you totally blocked the rest of your surroundings out.

Even if your stomach was still full on pastries again, your heart just felt... drained.