742

7:42am.

On the dot.

Every weekday for the past 9 months.

He walks through the door, makes his way to the counter and slings his bag onto the counter-top without much care of his surroundings. He fumbles for a moment before pulling out his wallet to begin his order.

Just the same as every other time you had the pleasure of serving him, he slid his over-sized black sunglasses down his nose a little and squinted his eyes across your name badge, before proceeding to mispronounce your name in the cringiest way imaginable to start his order. 

"Can I get a-"

But before he could get another word out, you hastily cut him off.

"My name is actually pronounced (Y/N). And you'll get a tall black coffee, right? No suga, no cream?" You snapped, pointing at your name badge with a straight face. 

Up until now you had never bothered to correct him.

Because where's the harm in a single customer mispronouncing your name, right?

Wrong. 

Your patience for the day had already been running thin before he even stepped foot inside the cafe where you work, his obvious lack of effort triggering you to reach your tipping point for this morning.  

But It served him right.

Even after all the time he spent squinting at your name badge each morning, he never tried to remember your name or take the extra second to actually read it properly.

He's only been coming here every day for a year now... 

It's not that difficult....

As he stood there frozen at your blunt remark, his eyes that were barely visible beneath his thick sunglasses widened, as if he had just been attacked.

While you were never given the opportunity to see the rest of his face, since it was always covered up with a giant black face mask, you could only imagine his mouth gaping open in shock. 

You must have stood there staring at him for half a minute now, each second drawing out slower as you waited for any kind of reaction, but all he did was glare back at you, his cold gaze making the hairs on the back of your neck stand up straight.

Eventually he broke all eye contact, nodding his head in silence and continuing to pay for his coffee in exact change, before leaving the counter and sitting down to wait for his order.

What the-

Not even going to thank me? 

Or apologize, jerk?

You stood there for a moment, bewildered, and wondered where on earth he must have learnt any of his manners from, before making your way over to the coffee machine, occasionally glancing over at the strange man as you began preparing his order. 

Although you had no idea about what actually lied beneath his giant face-mask, from what you could assume, he should be quite handsome. 

Too bad he has an attitude problem...

Or is it me who has the attitude problem?

...

No. That's ridiculous... I'm delightful.

Because up until now, you've greeted him with nothing but smiles and laughter and candy and butterflies, just to be met with bitterness in return.