Loving You Ruined Me

I never tried to expose myself to crowd, as I am afraid on how would they look at me, on what will they judge about my appearance. But, to the someone I secretly admires, why would I hide? Maybe there’s a chance.

“Loki? Can I—”

He grabbed the cup of coffee I brought for him, and laid his focus on the articles he is reading on his phone.

“Oh, okay, if you need help, just call me there, okay?”

He never responded. His face crumpled after he emptied the cup of coffee. “This is too creamy. Next time you bring a coffee for me, one’s that stronger,” he said.

“Noted, Loki!”

I’m a part-time waitress. He’s an engineering student. I always see him here at 7 o’ clock in the morning.

Everyday, whenever I see him, serve him with coffee, I hope that in these ways, we can be friends, and...

Maybe it’s too early. But, I do believe it’ll happen soon. I’ll do everything.

“I’ll help you with these stuffs!” I volunteered. He huffed and glared to me, “Okay, fine. You can help me. But, this will the first and last time, understand?” I nodded.

Whenever he’s helpless, I rush and make things up for him. I’m giving all of my best for him, so his dreams will come true. And, I wanted to be with him for the rest of his life.

My coworkers noticed that I do absence often recently. But, who cares? If this would be for the good of him, I’ll do.

As my coworkers said, my work has been affected a lot, maybe sooner I will be kicked out there.

One time, I went early for the work as usual, waited for him to come, until no Loki had appeared.

His problem? I don’t know.

After my work, I wandered around, and saw him leaning on a wall of the university.

“Loki! Hi!”

As usual, he has this cold aura towards me.

“Uhm, do you have a problem?”

No response.

“Hey.”

“Just stop following me! I’m tired of seeing someone like you desperately running after me. Do you know how idiot are you? Are you not ashamed that I, who you admires a lot, will never love you back? Huh, just please stop. I’ll gonna fetch my girlfriend to their home.”

Wow. It’s just wow. How could he throw those words to me? How insensitive you are.

Can’t move a single part of my body. Can’t laid sight to his outraged eyes. Can’t sink in the words he said to me. Can’t believe this is all happening.

I can’t help it.
Can’t help to fall in love. But, can’t helped to burst in tears.

Helpless, legs shaking, clothed soaked wet, while rain heavily poured the night street of Adelaide.

Why do I have to let myself experience these things? I don’t want to feel pain anymore but it all came back in the form of him.